• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon Pz.Kpfw.IV

Happy?

ha65e1a1.jpg

he08eb84.jpg

h140a27c.jpg

h2d15271.jpg

:soldier

yep...much better. All readly for Micro chipping with a brush or the sponge method.
:v

OK guys, I'm putting the dozer to the side till I get some bumper codes and I want to work on something this weekend.

1671146772299.png

I'm going to go ahead and paint the road wheels and maybe try the tracks, think I got some more nick nacks to add. What do I need to do to make this paint job look like I know what I'm doing?

Your wear on the DAK yellow needs to be more thought out and random. Use smallchips along the edges where the crew climb as well as soft wear on edges where they climb and sit, to show the German grey. I would then use a nice brown pin wash on the panels and create some contrast with rust on the muffler and very thin darker brown filters in the panel corners on the engine deck, around the cuploa and on the track guards. Actually on that note I would definately do some wear on the tops of the guards with German Grey subtley drybrushed accross the top of the 'checkerplate' pattern, only highlighting sections above the desert yellow base coat.

Last edited:
Chipping is definitely not my forte, thanks for the suggestions Ian. this has been sitting so long I don't think the chipping fluid will activate now, I'll probably have to over paint the german grey to get more chipping.

Chipping is definitely not my forte, thanks for the suggestions Ian. this has been sitting so long I don't think the chipping fluid will activate now, I'll probably have to over paint the german grey to get more chipping.
Hey MP, you can chip with great effect using a torn off piece of brilo pad that you slightly dip in the G grey. Dab it on a cloth to get he excess off then carefuly dab it on the desired area making sure you only get the small spindly edges(with paint) to touch the surface. It's easier than you think, 5 minitues of testing andpractice and you will be 'off and running'. :good:

I cleaned up my aweful chipping effects and started working on that massive muffler
1671744467753.png

1671744480867.png

1671744494584.png

Looking around at others trying to see what that muffler looks like. Will try to get your suggested washes on next couple of days Ian.

Back