• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon Pz.Kpfw.IV

I got heavy chipping fluid on it last night, should have next layer on today.
No hairspray around here, wife don't use it.

Someone has some color issues.

h482dc64.jpg

I'm thinking the Vallejo is more correct, correct? :hmmm

Couldn't locate the Flat Flesh to do the mix so I went with the Vallejo.
h3b6f3e2.jpg

this is far lighter than it appears in person. :idonno

I'm liking it. I would think back then you could park a row of equipment next to each other and they would look like they had been painted with different colors after some time in the field.

:salute

Looks good. Feel free to give it a wee bit of post shade, and maybe hit the raised bolts, hinges, etc with even a lighter shade of 8020!

Feel the wild child within! :good:

You want to be here before you start to chip the paint (activate the chipping fluid).

hf4fac53.jpg

Someone who shall remain nameless jumped ahead - but its all good...

He knows a more about what he's doing than I do. :soldier

Working with my base color now, would I add flat out Black to shade and white to highlight or try other colors? Would that be too stark?

No black! We are not adding shadows. When you sprayed the 8020 letting some of the dark gray show through places is what gives you the shadows. You can add white to the 8020 but go in tiny increments untill u get a good color.

Well that came out great and "I" like the base tan/sandis good to go. If you still want to add "pink' into it think about oils...mmmm maybe. :hmmm
:good:

Looks good!!...:good:...not over done at all. Maybe hit the rear deck some more as that see the most ware/chipping...I would think.
:v

Off to a good start. Now take some of your base grey and with a small brush add microchips to wear areas and along the boarder of your larger chips!

That looks swell. Bob.

Really as wit’ others-yo, I say add some more chips around the engine deck, otherwise it looks spot on to me!

Back