• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon D-9 and A-8

Thanks again guys, always a bit re-assureing to know you've got a few in the audience

Just a little update as we haven't exactly been pounding away at things :java .......

Finally got the armored headrest support soldered in place,

IMG_0799.jpg

The etch part is just a touch to narrow to fit into the slots in the canopy so I added a thin strip of plastic to the base so it has a snug fit and then added the leather head rest. Of course once all the plastic was in place that was the point it became obvious that the brace was slightly cocked
sFun_banghead2.gif

IMG_0798.jpg

Oh well, not going to worry about it now
whistle.gif

Looks fine from here. Do I see you doing an inside mask on the other canopy?

Actually got the insides of both canopies masked :D as i haven't yet decided which one will be open :snoopy .

Things are probably going to slow down a bit as I found out yesterday I'm the only fueler so I'm going to be working 7 days a week until they find a replacement. Just finnished a 15 hour shift and gotta be back in 7 and 1/2 hours :java .

Your production line is surely looking swell there Tim - two of my fave subjects - looking forward to some more progress pics.

Geoff

It's been a while since an update, and i really don't have much to show at the moment although I've got the cockpits glued in place. I've been trying to decide how I want to paint these things and here are a couple of options I'm considering,

CED72051.jpg

CED72070.jpg

CED72071.jpg

I think it would be interesting to have them from the same unit around the same time, since I don't have these decals, and I'm not likely to get them any time in the future, I'm wondering if anyone has any info or a scan of the instructions they might be willing to share, I can always cobble something together as needed I'm sure.

Back