• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Doc' COF VI - F-117A DONE

Flyingbabydoc

Hi Everyone,

This one could not be left out. I think this is the Epitome of Desert Stomd, at least for me. An incredible Engineering achievement and the beginning of a new era for stealth aircraft.

This is the Revell F-117A in 1/72. A fairly straight-forward model, not many frills and still no Aftermarket offers, except for the decals. So it is going to be OOB.

The decals are from Printscale and I will be assemblying the aircraft s/n 85-0837 "Habu II" from Capt Byrd from the 416th TFW, who flew 31 Missions in 1991.

I hope you like it. After this one back to the MiGs.

Cheers

Alex

he7e10a6.JPG

h3dae616.JPG

h3eafdda.JPG

h11996a8.JPG

Doc' COF VI - F-117A Desert Storm

Cool! Back in the mid to late 80’s I worked for a company that made airplane lights. Although we regularly made some ballast and electronic covers from aluminum, We would periodically make them out of a special type of laminate material consisting of aluminum magnesium and something else, can’t remember what now. This material was tightly controlled, to the point that we were require to return any ‘drop’/unused material & even the chips!

After this plane’s existence came to light. I recall reading in a publication somewhere that it used many off-shelf items, just made from special/alternate materials.

Neat choice!

That is so cool Bruce. That means that I am within 6 degrees of Separation of someone who actually built a F-117A. Small world... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Assembled and painted, this is a straight model OOB so no frills or thrills. It is so much bigger than I anticipated, I guess I always thought of it as a small fighter. It is not, bigger than an F-15!

Here the Pictures:

Cheers

Alex

hbf5ac25.JPG

h6a4cfad.JPG

hc99f1ff.JPG

hd5682e4.JPG

hca8a27d.JPG

heba9583.JPG

I don't see anything other than a gray cutting mat... :blink
. :rotf
Great Job :coolio

Thanks a lot guys, much appreciated. I am happy that the paint brush did go in smoother that I thought.

Now decals are in and I am Setting up for the finish line.

Cheers

Alex

h4e04140.JPG

h0ad56ee.JPG

h2bc471f.JPG

h1a1ffdd.JPG

hd24ced2.JPG

Well, another one bites the dust.

Haven't had almost any time on the bench lately but got this one completed.

No frills, just a simple F-117A

Next up a MiG-39 from East Germany "in another world" and an Iraqi MiG-15 in the next COF chapter.

Cheers

Alex

hb604e7b.JPG

h48c8742.JPG

hf8eda05.JPG

h735c5b1.JPG

h17b0cae.JPG

Back