• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DML Tiger I

You can't have too many Tigers.
Starting gate pics

DSC01217_JPG-r.jpg

DSC01218_JPG-r.jpg

DSC01219_JPG-r.jpg

Mike B)

Slow start...
Contacted Dragon to find out if I can order a engine deck screens....(not included in this kit)
No luck.
Ordered from another source.
Need a day off to get some progress and pics.....

Mike B)

Slow start...
Contacted Dragon to find out if I can order a engine deck screens....(not included in this kit)
No luck.
Ordered from another source.
Need a day off to get some progress and pics.....

Mike B)

Hi Mike,
just be careful what you order :unsure: :( some of the very early production Tiger 1 chassis were lacking in the finer things (which i 'm thinking is why they haven't included them)- I will check my references tonight but I think that engine deck screens might well have not been part of the 'off the shelf' product for the very early deliveries.
I will confirm -may save you some money depending on what production month you are looking at modelling. ;)

:geek
Later that day.......
Forget that! It seems i am a bit delusional on this- can only find that the prototype VK45.01(H)was the only one without engine deck screens . :( sorry
Ian.

Thanks Ian, I had the same thought but all the references said "You need screens". MMIR did an article on
this kit (issue 39). Dragon could not get the screens done before the kits release date.
Aber screen set on the way. ( 35G18 )

Moon, I suggested your idea to my boss last nite. He told me to stop drinking the fuel pool water
and get back to work. Some folks just don't understand.

Mike B)

Aber engine deck screens ordered and still waiting. :angry:

Pushing onward, figuring to add the grilles later.

DSC01232_JPG-r.jpg

DSC01233_JPG-r.jpg

DSC01234_JPG-r.jpg

DSC01235_JPG-r.jpg

Hoping to get the screens soon and the rest of this will fall together.

CAUTION - for the benefit of those who are not aware, watch the instruction sheet on this one. There are a couple of
issues such as backward installation of parts, sequences out of order.

You'll eat less tylenol.

Tracks are up next.............

Mike B)

It's a Dragon, so of course it's going to have instruction issues. The recoiling gun made me wonder too, would have rather seen a good set of PE screens instead. (y)

I'm with ya on that Mike. Still trying to figure after all the work and time put into one
of these kits, who's gonna push that barrel back shouting KA-BOOM!!

I'll trade the spring and a good bit of the extra parts for the missing items in a heartbeat.

Mike B)

(y) Nice tiger Mike!

If it was a toy than i could understand the recoiling gun, but on a scale model it's better to add something that enhances the look instead!
And dragon instructions.... been there to :bang head Miniart and Bronco have the same problem, how hard can it be? they make a kit with hundreds of small details but can't make a proper instruction :stinker
//Mats

Yes, you can do the gun in recoil just leave out the spring and push the barrel back.

Don't forget to yell KA-BOOM first !!!! :D :D

Mike B)

Back