• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DML Sexton II WIP

Dear Tony.

...great work,as usual...and the British figures?...where are they come from ?

:drinks

Luiz.

Hi Luiz.

Bronco makes two sets of figures that can be used with a 25 pounder gun whether towed or self propelled. One set is for NW Europe and the other, figures are in shorts, is good for North Africa, Scicily or Italy - wherever troops wore those shorts.

Tony Lee.

"I shall persevere"? That sounds ominous. Is the fit of this kit really bad?

Are there any separate shells, cartridges, shell ammo boxes and cartridge ammo boxes included in this kit?

Thanks, cheers and the best of luck with this. I hope you enjoy the build.

Tankbuilder I wouldn't say it's impossible but with several parts coming together at the rear and those slab sides all components have to be pretty much perfectly in place. A Tamiya kit it's not.

No shells or extra ammo boxes. The 25pdr arty kit has three rounds.

It's a SPG what's not to enjoy? :cheer:
Thanks
Tony lee

Tankbuilder I wouldn't say it's impossible but with several parts coming together at the rear and those slab sides all components have to be pretty much perfectly in place. A Tamiya kit it's not.

No shells or extra ammo boxes. The 25pdr arty kit has three rounds.

It's a SPG what's not to enjoy? :cheer:
Thanks
Tony lee

Three rounds for a towed gun an no rounds at all for an SPG? Geez, even the ancient Tamiya 25 pounder gave you more than that. What good is a gun without ammo for it? At least now I know to stay away from the Dragon offerings though.

Thanks for the build and the information.

Cheers

After much searching the net for UK WWII armor colors I found out that SCC#2 was the base color for the scheme I want to try. Now just what color is SCC#2???? Kept on lookin and found a chart that said about the color of coffee with milk mixed in but how strong is the coffee and how much milk????? :bang head

Kept on searching and it seems SCC#2 was renamed "Service Brown" for awhile and then renamed again to
"Dark Earth" now we're gettin somewhere. :v

I've got some Dark Earth but since i'll be weathering it it needs to be lighter for scale right?
Here's my SCC#2 base coat.
003-11_zpsec4f9e60.jpg

I got this far and my dang El Cheapo compressor laid over and died. :eek:hmy:
I've done a lot of painting with that Harbor Freight Special so I can't complain none.

They say it's going to rain around here,we can sure use it.
Later Folks
Tony lee

I have a neat little item that screws onto any Schrader valve and thus allows me to use a car tire , a motorcycle tire or even a mountain bicycle tire as an emergency airsource for my airbrush. The tire does have to ne mounted on a rim though.

I feel for you. Things often, in accordance with Murphy, die at the most inoportune times.

Hope you get your air compressor fixed or get a new one.

Cheers

T.B. it will be cheaper to just buy another one than fix it,Harbor Freight here I come.

Thanks James, I hope the color is at least close.
I just got my monthly allowance so i'm in good shape compressor wise. :D

Tony lee

I have a neat little item that screws onto any Schrader valve and thus allows me to use a car tire , a motorcycle tire or even a mountain bicycle tire as an emergency airsource for my airbrush. The tire does have to ne mounted on a rim though.

Ha , I remember doing that for a while until I could afford to buy an air compressor . Hope those days never come by again .

Good luck Tony !

Cheers, Christian B)

Cheers

Yeah but then you can't get in the car and go to harbor freight to get another cheapo compressor.. :rotf

Sorry to hear about your bad luck Tony.

Cheers

Yeah but then you can't get in the car and go to harbor freight to get another cheapo compressor.. :rotf

Sorry to hear about your bad luck Tony.

Um, use the spare tire instead of the tire on the car perhaps? VBEG ;<)

Actually, I use a 2.125" mountain bike wheel. Not long running but it does get the job done and I get plenty of exercise pumpimg the tire.

I too hope that Tony gets a great deal on a new compressor.

Cheers

I've heard of folks ruining perfectly good coffee with milk, but ya didn't have to put it in the compressor! :laugh:
Color looking good there, Tony! (y)

I tried that too Mike but it didn't help a bit her toes are still turned up. :laugh:

Thank you sir
Tony lee

Back