• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DML Pz III Ausf J.

Congratulations John! It is always nice to be honored and get a surprise win. Means you did it just right!

med3d-bravo.gif

Thanks all. :v

To tell the truth, I was really surprised as there was some really nice stuff on the table.

I also have been thinking that taking 2 of the best of's and then the best of the best of's and the grumbling from some of the attendees that I am a wringer and it is not fair for me to enter that maybe it's time to move to display only?

I mean I really go to shows once every six years or so, so it really isn't my driving force to model...

Sounds to me like the grumblers need to up their game and stop whining. There's always someone better than you that's why we need to keep honing our skills....iron sharpens iron. Competition does that. Keeps you Sharpe. You just keep right on competing.

B)

Too good? Ringer? :facepalm

Isn't the aim of modeling to build to the best of your ability? Terry is right, keep on building and showing your models at contests. The other guys need to pony up or shut up. Who cares what people say, best is best, why reward mediocrity?

Off the soap box, for now.

Isn't the aim of modeling to build to the best of your ability? Terry is right, keep on building and showing your models at contests. The other guys need to pony up or shut up. Who cares what people say, best is best, why reward mediocrity?

Preach on brother! I didn't begin to improve until I started competing. It works! Let the Force flow though you.

:eek:ldguy

Preach on brother! I didn't begin to improve until I started competing. It works! Let the Force flow though you.

:eek:ldguy

Agree with what they said - keep going Doc!

:rotf T, that sticker is priceless.

F*^& 'em John. Now if you were entering a beginner class, they would have a leg to stand on.

Congrats, that's bad ass. :drinks

To tell the truth, I was really surprised as there was some really nice stuff on the table.

I also have been thinking that taking 2 of the best of's and then the best of the best of's and the grumbling from some of the attendees that I am a wringer and it is not fair for me to enter that maybe it's time to move to display only?

I mean I really go to shows once every six years or so, so it really isn't my driving force to model...

John,

It was that way back in the '70s and '80s. I don't think anything has changed! I retired from competition because I had a model business and I didn't want to compete with my customers, not because I was ready to concede. I loved competition because of the exact reasons you and Terry said! If I won, it inspired me to do even better the next time. If I lost, I would always look at what won and try to understand how I could improve so the results would be different the next time. Competition is a win-win scenario! I've always loved competition!

Hang in there Pal! Sometimes you just have to suffer those slings and arrows! If you get in their face like Pruneau and I used to, they'll end up banning you!

Bob

John,

It was that way back in the '70s and '80s. I don't think anything has changed! I retired from competition because I had a model business and I didn't want to compete with my customers, not because I was ready to concede. I loved competition because of the exact reasons you and Terry said! If I won, it inspired me to do even better the next time. If I lost, I would always look at what won and try to understand how I could improve so the results would be different the next time. Competition is a win-win scenario! I've always loved competition!

Hang in there Pal! Sometimes you just have to suffer those slings and arrows! If you get in their face like Pruneau and I used to, they'll end up banning you!

Bob

Excellent advice!

This guy was kind of a tool anyways John...still sour from his lack of progress at Nationals in Buffalo and you weren't there...he's still grinding that axe and happened to target you this time around...

Back