• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Diorama Clervaux - the actual look

Claude Joachim

Hi everybody,
As i had only a handful of posts in the old forum , i simply registered new with my real name (no secret with that after publishing a book)

I want to give you an update on the state of "Diorama Clervaux". I just finished the third part and for the first time i was able to put the three parts together, just in time for a local expo two weeks ago.

It is rather difficult to take good pictures from such a little dio :) and i will do more pictures during a later session. The dio is now 1,5 x 2,2 meters big and it took me 4 years to get to this stage.

this one got taken before the expo,
Belvaux_01.jpg

and others
PICT3951-1.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

pferdegespann.jpg

house.jpg

my first tank since 5 years
shermie1.jpg

shermie2.jpg

view1.jpg

Here is a picture of the horse and cart before i placed them.
horse.jpg

The cart is completely scratchbuild. The horse is a mix of the one in the old Tamiya Fieldkitchen set and a newer head from Dragon. I scribed of the hair and replaced it with real hair from a rabbit's fur.

You will also notice that i am not finished, apart the Shermie Commander, i will add a girl at the back of the cart and a half dozen more GI's in action.

Home from my expo, i took advantage of the bigger space in my garage to plan already for the next part(s).
At last, the buildings i build years ago, (Hotel and Café and the rest),
hunneg5.jpg

will now find a place in module No.4. I prepared No.5 also and the first impression of what is to come is this here
PICT4033resize.jpg

Stay tuned!

I must add (as a selfpublisher i am forced to and i hope you excuse me) that on my website
Diorama Clervaux
you can not only see what the whole dio is all about, but also still buy my book about the build of the castle. There are also some reviews about the book posted.

I will at this point not look for a reseller in Australia. I am on my own, without publishing house behind me. Sending a package with 10 or 20 books to Australia is so expensive that it would eat up the margins on both sides of the deal, so i would invite those interested to buy either directly on my site as i am sending the book for only 6,50 Euro shipment costs (+ 18 Euro for the book) to Australia or anywhere else in the world or buy with any of my resellers near your home, all of them listed on my website.
One of them is of course Michaels MonroePerdue, i want you to storm his shop and buy everything you can (including my book of course)
He got not a lot of books as half of them got stolen during postal transit , but replacement is already on the way.
Thanks for looking
Greets from little Luxembourg
Claude

PS. Anyone knows where Glenn is? He is not to find anywhere and does not reply to my mail .

Just amazing work Claude , I will add your site to our links page :cheer:

Glenn should be contactable here , I think he pops in fairly regularly . PM him here , the reminders are so annoying you always read PMs straight away ! :lol:

Hopefully santa might get me the book .

Jenny :kiss:

Hey Claude , I'm right here .
Good on you with the book , it looks beautiful !!!
My lhs is looking into getting your book , you've got alot of fans .

I don't sign on to other sites I have memberships , I like it here just fine !!!!!

Home e-mail , phone , etc. , right here in my TNT office .

Glenn

Hey Claude,

Good to see you finally posting here! It is looking fantastic! One more section to go?

It must be nice to step out your fron door and look to the left or the right and see your references!

I'm glad you finally published your book! Oh, they are available from Monroe Purdue, I will definitely pick one up.

How are things in Luxembourg?

Great to have you here!

Bob

Hi Bob,

good to hear from you also! Are you progressing on your build or are you only touring around with the mobilhome for the moment? Need to check the site a bit and get up to speed.

If i follow the original plan there are (inclusing the two new ones) still 6 modules to go!
Unfortunately, the town of Clervaux is still not very interested in it, so i may simply stop at any time if i feel like it.

Glad i got the book out, i presume i will have some 2 years headstart against you! :laugh:

It is already available in the States with Monroeperdue! Michael has the book in stock!

(Edit:you corrected your post while i was typing, but i leave the information in here anyway)

Greets and a happpy Thanksgiving to all from the United States

Claude

Claude,

No, I have been building, check out the three Logistics posts at the bottom of the diorama forum. Most of the 44 vehicles are built, most of those painted! Now working on the Shermans, one painted and two built, several more to go, starting to convert and pose the figures, yeah, I'd say two years at least! I told you not to wait around for me, see, I was right!

I will order a copy from Monroe Perdue shortly!

I wish you good luck with the book sales, although I doubt if you will need it!

Bob

Hello Claude

Having seen most of your elements in the flesh, I ran out of superlatives long time ago.

Also the book is highly recommended not only to Diorama builders.

Great to have you here also, but I am a bit dissapointed that you did not post the picture of you wearing your stylish oldschool sportswear :woohoo:

See you around
Sven

Bob,

that's great! I will check the posts of course, jsut discovered the new forum.
I would love to hear your opiniin on the book once digested!

Sven, the picture is still on my website, but don't tell anybody.
I applied with Ken Jones to book me for Euromilitaire's 25th Birthday next year.
He entertains it but he has not the final decision power, so let's hope for the best.
Perhaps i can show everything live next fall to the big public.

That would be cool!

Claude

Claude, Awesome!

I love this dio!
You are working hard. I hope to see finished the dio as soon as to be possible. Four areas with many stories.
I'm working in a big dio too. If you have time, visit my web-link down.

See you.

Yago.

Yago,
Thank you very much! (Did you just buy my book?) Thanks again, it will be send tomorrow.

Your dio is awesome! I don't understand a word, but this is absolut great work and your webpage is superb also (you would be able to do a nice book with your material)

I will look at it more exactly tomorrow when i have more time.

For the moment at least, this forum should be called "Superdioramas", uups, sorry Bob :whistle: , "Megadioramas" then... :laugh:

Have a nice Sunday everyone

Claude

Claude Joachim wrote:
Yago,
Thank you very much! (Did you just buy my book?) Thanks again, it will be send tomorrow.

Your dio is awesome! I don't understand a word, but this is absolut great work and your webpage is superb also (you would be able to do a nice book with your material)

I will look at it more exactly tomorrow when i have more time.

For the moment at least, this forum should be called "Superdioramas", uups, sorry Bob :whistle: , "Megadioramas" then... :laugh:

Have a nice Sunday everyone

Claude

I thought to do or to publish a book with the dio (steps, development, etc etc). First I would like to finish it, then publish it. Your dio have four zones or areas, my dio has one space. You have published the firt area in the book. Only I can publish one book with all steps. The book will has hundred or thousand photos, more or less.
Talk you about this as soon as to be possible, ok?

Thanks for all.

Yago.

Diorama Clervaux - the book

Hi everyone,

No news about the dio as i am still in recovery mode from the last busy months.
But as Christmas is approaching fast, allow me to remind you of this great diorama book out there ;)
"Capturing Clervaux" - the book about the construction of Château Clervaux, The gift for every diorama builder.
I have 3 resellers around the Pacific, use them, as shipping from me will not assure anymore timeliy delivery for Christmas.
Any other reseller and myself will serve you of course if you are not from this part of the globe.
Check them all out on www.diorama-clervaux.com
(or click on my banner)

Please excuse this shameless advertising but it's what i must do as a selfpublisher.

Have a nice day

Claude

Re:Diorama Clervaux - the book

No need to appologise Claude , you have done a mighty job and you are a member of our family , so everyone , drop those hints so your loved ones get it for you for Christmas ;) .

Jenny :kiss:

Hey Claude
The one thing that strikes me when I view photos of the layout is the colours/shades/hues/tones used... They are very eye-catching, mon ami!
Tremendous work all around. My favourite part is the house fronts on the curved road below the castle proper... :)
Brad

I recivied the book yesterday. Amazing to see high res photos of it.:woohoo:

well done Claude :notworthy

Greets Mirko

Re:Diorama Clervaux - progress on Mod. 4

Hello everyone,

I started building on MOd. 4, so let me give you a quick update.
I got a new reference picture of a textile shop who just recently had his 140 year anniversary of existence. The photo is taken probably shortly after the war.
Kratzenberg.jpg

Routine work to build it up, just made some nice shop windows
PICT4145small.jpg

and later, using plastic strip and copper wire (i put through the pasta machine first)
Blogpic028.jpg

I made a folding steel gate to put in front of the window
I used for the first time the salt method for rust and it worked like a charm
gatecloseup.jpg

Steelgate.jpg

steelfront.jpg

Still some wheatering to do, but compared to the reference picture above, i am getting there.
Here is it placed between the already finished buildings
Placing.jpg

I also recently added a BLOG into my homepage at Clervaux -Blog
I would be happy to see you around whenever you like

Cheers from Luxembourg

Claude

Hey Claude
Getting a new unseen reference photo must be like having all your Christmases come at once!! A bang up job on the façade, and the salt technique sure did work a treat. Wonderful, just wonderful...
Brad

Wow, I've never seen this one before and I'm speechless. This is amazing. The sheer size of it. Superb work and I agree with the above statements, the salt technique worked great. It looks ultra realistic.

Back