• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Didn't know where to ask this, but...

Duke Maddog

I just logged into my Webshots account to find out that they are closing down and switching to a subscription-only format. I loved Webshots because I could upload as many pics as I wanted; keep them there without any limits on how many could be seen, organize them in as many folders as I needed, and didn't have to worry that some would be taken down if not viewed in a certain period of time. I also loved that I could upload any size pic and they wouldn't resize it or restrict it. I do have several pics of my entire armor collection that were left very large so that detail could be seen. The only thing I was disappointed in was that I could only hotlink small pics to any other site, so I never used it for that. I mostly used it to refer people to it so that all the models I currently have pictures of could all be seen by anyone who wanted to see them. There are currently 882 pics in 24 albums there and I was gonna add a few more pics, but now I can't since now they are going away.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a photo hosting site out there that is:

*Free
*Trustworthy
*Able to host unlimited photos, possibly with no size restrictions (that part isn't too important though)
*Won't take any of them down if not viewed within a specified period
*Won't restrict how many can be viewed at a time
*No limit on uploads (although I rarely if ever upload anything more than 5megs at a time give-or-take)
*Will allow me to separate them into as many folders/albums as I want to keep them organized.

I really could care less about the Facebook, Twitter and other social-network-linking features; that ain't so important to me. I would just love to be able to keep a webshots-type album set somewhere so I could keep a chronicle of my collection for anyone to look at. I have been looking and researching everyhting I could find and I have seen a couple sites that may fit the bill, but I'd like other opinions and reviews as well.

Anyone wishing to see what I would love to replicate on another site, feel free to check out my Webshots page to see what I currently have that I've never had to pay for. I want to keep that going; especially since I have so many more models to shoot pics of.

Thanks for any and all help anyone can offer.

You mean like the Modelers Alliance Gallery? :idonno

Mark I don't think you'll ever find an online gallery FREE that meets all those points. Best thing you can do is purchase domain hosting and a website (dukemaddog.com appears to be available) and host your images yourself. You can get a domain and hosting service pretty cheap.

Isn't this what photobucket does ? I have about 1200 photo's in 20 folders on there ?
Its free, has multi upload.am i missing something ?

Photobucket used to be my prime source, but the Gallery gives me easy access and is more visible to those who are at work. :mpup

Try it, you'll like it.

Back