• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dave Harper Pacific Campaign Sign Up

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
And we're on!

The Dave Harper Pacific Campaign is underway.

What are you going to build??

OK, being one of the new kids on the block and not finding any other discussion about this campaign are there any gotcha's or is it pretty much wide open anything that participated in the Pacific theater during WWII ?

Ki-84 & P-40E both Japanese maybe something else for the ground in 1/48th scale, the Japanese clown car.

Regards,

OK, being one of the new kids on the block and not finding any other discussion about this campaign are there any gotcha's or is it pretty much wide open anything that participated in the Pacific theater during WWII ?

That's a big Bingo!!

Dave was a good friend to our website and many here, we lost him last year and we all figured this would be a nice tribute to Dave Harper. I only had some limited contact with him, I think Terry, Dad and Joe Hudson all worked with him and were very close. I'll let them speak to this as they wish.

But yes, anything that was in the Pacific theater of war.

OK, thanks Moon, I got some planes with meatballs that I need to build, let me see what works !

As long as they were not in the China Burma hump area. Specifically the Pacific....I crack my self up some times.... :mpup

I have way too much on my plate but I feel this is a must for me. I don't have any idea what I'll do yet but I'll look through the pile 'o kits and see what I have.

Tom

I"m with you Tom, but I'm going to focus on this.

TBM Avenger is on my bench right now though, waiting for it's picture to be taken.

Was this one a year long build Bob?

I can think of no better reason to break out my 1/144 Trumpy Gato than to honor someone so respected by my new friends here...going to try to go for the USS Barb...

Definately count me in on this one the chap deserves a good tribute !!

Of course another figure and this time I think Im going to push the boat out and sculpt the body myself

Now I have a request,....

I did a head in the other USMC group build but didnt use the head due to it being too small.

Now can I use the head in this GB seeing as it was done for the other GB under GB conditions but not used ?,... you see what I mean :)

Was this one a year long build Bob?

I can think of no better reason to break out my 1/144 Trumpy Gato than to honor someone so respected by my new friends here...going to try to go for the USS Barb...

This is a 1 year build ending 31st May 2012.
James

Thanks guys for your support of the Pacific Campaign. I in with a Mid Ship Models 1/700 U.S.S. Tennessee which was at Pearl Harbor on December 7th. This will also be a tribute to my Uncle Bob who was in the Tennessee during the attack.

Terry (y)

Hopefully I'll get a chance to finally build my Dragon M4A2 Late PTO (Kit #6452)
dr6462.0.jpg

After looking through the kits I have on hand I came down to either the Pro Modeler 1/48 P-47N which was the first kit I built when I got back into modeling or Eduard's 1/48 F6F-5N Hellcat and the Hellcat won out. So please put me down for the Hellcat.

Tom

After looking through the kits I have on hand I came down to either the Pro Modeler 1/48 P-47N which was the first kit I built when I got back into modeling or Eduard's 1/48 F6F-5N Hellcat and the Hellcat won out. So please put me down for the Hellcat.

Tom

Way cool. I never even thought of the P-47N. I could do my Trumpy kit with Zotz markings

02.jpg

Yeee haaaw
James

Back