• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DAK Panzer IV

Robertp

Here is my Tamiya Panzer IV done in Africa Korps. This is the old motorized model. I built this to experiment with dust weathering. I am not done (hatches, etc.) and not sure where to go next. The last time I posted was Oct f last year. I will never finish a campaign in time. Comments appreciated. What you do with it at this stage?
IMG_2520.JPG
IMG_2521.JPG
IMG_2522.JPG
IMG_2523.JPG

As MP said a pinwash with some darker brown would go well and I would softly drybrush the higher ridges on the top of the hull and turret with german grey to simulate where the dust has been rubbed-off by the crew.

Don't worry about how long it takes Robert. I am slower than most here and have a number of OLD builds that I pull out and address with some updates from time to time. The only one that you have to get done in a short time frame is the Micro Modeler Month build and it has to be done between March 1 and 31. The good thing is that the requirement is for the kit to be a small scale.

Great suggestions. I now present the new and improved version. I got some figures to sit on the front of the turret. I think the pin wash should be done with a darker color. I need to use a lighter grey for highlights.
IMG_2529.JPG
IMG_2530.JPG

Back