• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

D9R - Major Overhaul diorama -Stage 2

That is one of the most wonderful things about MA, when folks make comments about errors, they are always in ways to help improve. Information and experience are always shared freely and the aim of people here is to help each other.

True.

Thought I had commented on this already Charles but must have been too dumbstruck in awe to actually post something!!

Amazing work!

:tens:

Never too late to the show. ;) Thank you kindly.

I agree with Sharkman! Wow! As for the crane, one way to remove the kinks is to add tension to the lines to straighten them out; then add some thin CA glue that soaks into the 'wire' and coats it. That should hold it straight.

Stunning work Charles! Man, I wish I had a third of your talent man!

I agree with Sharkman! Wow! As for the crane, one way to remove the kinks is to add tension to the lines to straighten them out; then add some thin CA glue that soaks into the 'wire' and coats it. That should hold it straight.

Stunning work Charles! Man, I wish I had a third of your talent man!

Appreciate the advice Duke. Thanks buddy.

I removed the corrugated sidings. It wasn't really to scale. I also re-positioned the welder at the ripper instead, as I was told it would be better and more believable if he is doing welding work there instead. I managed to get the kinks out, about 99%. So I'm satisfied with it. Now, I have a couple more details to add, at least for now.

Last edited:
default_151_41_44_712.0947283001362776150.gif

Have done some changes since the last update.

1. Re-arranges a couple of the figures

2. Added oil spills and oil absorbents(they are basically materials used to help soak up as much oil spills as possible.

3. Re-arranged the cab and pallets to make room for a forklift.

4. Added a couple of fire extinguishers. Will have to add a couple of signs too.

5. I managed to straighten out the kink in the overhead crane. Probably not 100% perfect but way better than in the last update.

Things left to do:

1. Add a figure in the forklift.

2. Some minute details.

3. A couple of signs.

And whatever comes to mind that will fit the space. Hope you like what you see. Until the next update. Thanks for looking.

Wow, that enhances it even more! Just when I thought this couldn't get any better, you go and blow it out of the water!

I'm building one of these D-9 Dozers in 1/72 scale too. I gotta get back to it!

Love it Charles :vgood:

Thank you.

Appreciate it.

Wow, that enhances it even more! Just when I thought this couldn't get any better, you go and blow it out of the water!

I'm building one of these D-9 Dozers in 1/72 scale too. I gotta get back to it!

Thank you for your confidence in me. Will be looking forward to seeing your build, when it's done. I am not so taken with 1/72 scale simply for its scale. Well, it depends on the subject matter and how it relates to scale of course. But on the other hand, its a good scale space-wise.

Back