• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Cyberhobby 1/35 JS-2 Early type

Good day to you Gentlemen.

I have been working on this one for a long time. With every new addition added to the log, this one get push further and further behind. It was a struggling effort to finish this as I cannot resist the call of the new additions but I pulled through and finished it finally.

I used Vallejo Model Air Russian Green for the base green. It is said that russian 4BO green required mixing to get it right but since I have already decided to put on winter white wash, using VMA Russian Green alone is fine with me.

The weathering is made with a mix of Tamiya Diorama texture paint, AK earth colour wash and a lot of plaster.

The white wash was chipped with simple and cheap hair spray. I didn't see any point in investing in chipping fluids from AK or AMMO.

The streakings were made with oil. I wasn't going to make them but while reading AFV modeller Issue 60-so meting ( forgot the exact issue), I saw a late IS-2 finished with streakings on a white wash finish so I thought I would replicate it as well. It looks kinda out of place but it kind of adds some variety to the finish.

P1160162b.jpg

P1160163b.jpg

P1160164b.jpg

P1160170b.jpg

P1160171b.jpg

P1160165b.jpg

P1160167b.jpg

Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. More informations and more photos and bigger ones (4000X3000) can be found on my blog -

http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/cyber-hobby-135-js-2-heavy-tank.html

Please do have a look and thank you so much in advance for any feedback you guys may have. C&C are welcomed. Just be gentle... LOL.

Thank you for always supporting and for the kind words and various encouragements.

Until the next launch.

Excellent!!!! I just picked up the original "Imperial Series" version for a song. Hope I can give it half the treatment you have yours!!!! Beautiful.

Back