• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Cyber-hobby CHC-7130 1/700 USS Enterprise CVN-65 Waterline Model Kit 2020 Release

Rhino

Super Moderator
Caveat Emptor, Baby! Dragon Models announces (Again) that their new-tool, slide molded kit of the 1969 CVN-65 USS Enterprise US Navy waterline aircraft carrier model kit is available for pre-order! (Blah Blah Blah. Whatever!!)

But wait! There's more!!

Check the dates. Bearing in mind today's November 2020 date.

I saw the test shot of my second most favorite USS Enterprise at the Kansas City show in 2014. Tim Dike, the proprietor of ModelWarships.com helped with the CAD work for the mold tooling. Dragon Models was rumored to have busied themselves with other products, rather than releasing the model kit of longest serving US Navy aircraft carrier in the history of our great nation.

For myself, I grew tired of having Cyber-Hobby blow sunshine up my backside for at least the last 6 years. My classic Revell kit with hangar deck upgrades from Starfighter Decals and Gold Medal Models excellent photo-etched details will do just fine for MY waterline 1969 CVN-65 model.

I would not begin to tell you what to do with your hobby dollars. That is your decision to make. Time will tell whether this kit of this historic vessel ever sees the work bench of any US Naval Aviation nut in America.

$60 for a 1/700 scale ship that hasn't even released yet? I know that's your scale of choice but damn!

Back