• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

COLD STEEL ENTRY SUMMARY AND SIGN UP

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
Ok boy's and girls it's just about time to be transfered to the Russian front. COLD STEEL is set to start December 1st.
So now is the time to get signed up. Here are the rules: You may do any subject: tracks, wheels, wings, foot sloggers, or
even floating things. The time period is winter 1941 to the end. European front only so no Japanese stuff. You must start
with fresh unstarted kit. Your first post must contain pictures of the unbuilt kit with the time stamp in the picture showing
your start date. Please don't take the pictures on December 1st and wait 6 months to post it. You can do as many models
as you want, but you must complete at least one to claim your ribbon. You will have year to complete your projects so
get your think melons turned on(sorry I have kids) and come up with some great ideas.

MA Staff,

Participant list:

1. MrT: Tiger
2. Dukwhunter: JSU-152
3. Bagge: Tamiya's T-34/76 "ChTZ" version, 1943 produktion
4. IronMike: Jagdpanzer IV L/70 by Dragon with Armorscale cement armor
5. andyfettes: Krupp Protze w/3.7cm gun
6. reconron: T-34 and German trench
7. Leopard2: T-34 1/35...1/48 ????
8. OldDog: 1/32 IL-2M by Hobby Boss
9. Gunfighter45: JSU-122
10. iambrg: KV-2
11. razorboy: Academy Tiger I w/interior
12. Dusan: Zvezda L 4500R Maultier.

08_2011-11-15.jpg

I'm in with Tamiyas T-34/76 "ChTZ" version, 1943 produktion.
it's an oldie kit but i'll do the best i can with it :)
//Mats

I'm in with Tamiyas T-34/76 "ChTZ" version, 1943 produktion.
it's an oldie kit but i'll do the best i can with it :)
//Mats

Great project!! There is nothing wrong with older kits. (y)

;)

I'm in with either PzIV or Jagdpanzer IV L/70, the jury is still out, but it's one or the other. (y)

Ok,RecceRonny is in.

Gonna be a freshly knocked out T-34 leaning against a German trench diorama.

Might be the same 'shitz' :D version T-34 as Mats is going to do.

Greetings,Ron.

It was the T-35. Sorry

http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/icm/kit_icm_35041.shtml

If I can find one of these I may play.

Yes, they had the twin turret T-26 models. Both Mirage and Zvezda have a kit. Avoid the former manufacturer as it is based on the old Spojnia molds of the related 7TP Polish tank. The latter brand may also appear under the Italeri label.
zve_3542_title.jpg

Regards,

Thanks Saul- the one i posted was the only one I saw on a Google search!

The T-35 kit you posted was originally released by Alanger and re-boxed by ICM. The same for another multi-turreted tank with a far more interesting usage; the T-28:
ICMT-28.jpg

The T-28 from Alanger was nicely molded but inaccurate in several details. The MUCH cruder and earlier T-28 kit from Aer has less wrong with it but is poorly molded:
aer015.jpg

Regards,

This really has me interested, but can't find any actual pictures of such a beast.

http://www.armorscale.com/products/conversions35/C35-002/

Do you think this would be too "What If" for this campaign? Sure looks like something that would have seen the Russian Front. :lol:

OK, Terry, you talked me into it. I'll do my Dragon Jagdpanzer IV L/70, just ordered the concrete armor conversion. :D

Well, there are way too many ground targets here to pass this up. Put me down tentatively for the 1/32 Hobby Boss Il-2M. It may be a couple of months before I can start and if the 2M3 version is released before I start I will go with that instead !

Back