• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Chopped 25 T

modelguru

a little 25 chopped t ....... straight from the box

063.jpg

061.jpg

That is a totally awesome looking chopped T coupe. I like it that you used the original AMT 25 kit. I have a rebuilder that isn't a chopped coupe, but I'm going to take a shot in the dark at re-doing the model, although I won't be chopping the top. Nice job dude.

Dave W.

Thanks Guys ...... glad to see you lookin at this old stuff. Sorry I havent been around much lately . Life gets in the way

Nice Rod! i just built a truck in 1/24, also to break the rutin from all armor and figures, nice quick build and it looks good with a splash of paint on the shelf to :)
//Mats

I need to ask a serious question about that T, How did you do that flame job. I have a couple of Hot Rods that I would like to do that on, but I'm not sure how. So, HOW DID YOU DO THEM!!! Just wondering.

Dave

Thanks for all the great comments.
Dave it is actually a simple process .
I took some old flame decals and cut around the outside edge to make a template.
Then using a white artist pencil just traced around it onto the car.

I have a secret project going that involves two 58 Impalas and a sedan delivery as well as a ton of parts box stuff.

That 58 sounds like a pretty awesome project. What are you planning for paint and other such customizing/rodding items?

Dave W.

Dave
The finish will be fairly straight foreward. The paint will be a Ivory color probally what I will end up using
is modelmakerz german interior. The build I have started doing all the measuring . The car will actually be a funerary vehicle so there
is a ton of conversion and scratch build work. I dont know if the 58 Impala was ever used as such , but it sounded like a good
idea to me .
On a different note did the flame explination help any?

That sounds like a cool idea for the 58. You should set that vehicle up for a Halloween type of build. As to the other question, I'm going to try that on a Suede 51 Chevy fastback that I have in the works. When I get the chance I want to get a 49 Ford coupe, paint it in semigloss Blue and call it my "Blue Suede Shoebox" as in "Don't step in my blue suede shoes", get it

Dave W.

Back