• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Chicago Show Report

AndyFettes

Master at Arms
Here we go with a quick update on the first day of the show

I met up with MA`er John Bowry and his Mrs Maureen and spent a while chatting and then on to pick my spot and set up my figures and bunged the old halftrack in a nice place.
John has some great figures on show
It simply amazes me the quality of stuff throughout the exhibit hall

Now you aint gonna beleive this but I chatted to one of my personal heros within the hobby

Lewis Pruneau and what a really really nice bloke he is too,... I actually told him that Bob L ( sorry for the name drop Bob )told us all to look out for his Hindenburg box dio he laughed and said tell you what you can be the first to see it so he sat me down in the chair within the box ( tells you how big it is ) and turned the lights on and OMG it is simply stunning and all the while I was wowing and whooping he was pissing his pants laughing he says to get a wow out of someone when they look at his stuff is worth more to him than any medal, a modest man as well :) ,...... I let him carry on and looking back to see his arse sticking out of the box he was still sorting out and that made me laugh :)

The next really nice bloke I bumped into was Dan Capuano with hisstunning selection of 120mm Lage dios one with a Tiger and one with a T34 the quality that man does on a 120mm figure is amazing his large collection of 120mm single figure are just as equally amazing as the dios photos of those tomorrow

Another one time MA`er Bill Chilstrom was also present and I was introduced to him biefly didnt get chance to ask him to update his masterclass section but his figures are truely fantastic as well

usual suspects of the figure modelling world are there Chris Mrosko, Matt Wellhouser, Mike Blank, Anders Heintz, to name but a few

Hopefully I will get chance to chat to some more celebs tomorrow and take some more pictures as I had to leave early to play Football (soccer) this evening

IMG_3765.JPG

IMG_3766.JPG

IMG_3767.JPG

IMG_3768.JPG

That Russian Sniper is pic 2 is simply outstanding I have a picture of that in Bills book but to see it in real life is hey ( Im running out of good words to describe the awesomeness LOLOL )

Fantastic stuff Andy. And lucky bugger rubbing elbows with all the people you did. Man I envy you.
James

Great first report Andy, looks like a lot of fun.

I swear, I think I would be more star struck (and tongue tied) meeting the likes of Lewis Pruneau than the President...haha

Tom

And those guys are running off saying I just meet Andy Fettes! :notworthy

Good report Andy, be sure to tell John and Bill about your figure painting Campaign coming up. :mpup

This is really cool, and great city to hold a show like this- Went to Chicago 20 years ago and spent the week visiting all the museums and the Shedd Aquarium. Unfortunate their planetarium was CLOSED FOR REPAIRS lol, really nice place to visit.

The armor room at the Art museum just blew my mind.

yeah right these blokes will say hey I just met an annoying bloke called Andy fettes :mpup :mpup

I will try and get a photo of the hindenburg but as Bob Letterman will tell you its a nighttime box dio and the Hindenburg is on fire and the lighting is just WOW !!!!!!

The show is in my hometown of Schaumburg which is an hours train ride away from the actual city of Chicago I know that some of them dont leave the Hospitality suite :laugh:

Great first report Andy, looks like a lot of fun.

I swear, I think I would be more star struck (and tongue tied) meeting the likes of Lewis Pruneau than the President...haha

Tom

I tell you what mate Lewis P was the easiest fellow to talk to hes just simply a very nice man and he laughs a lot which is always a good sign

I will do todays update tomorrow as just got in after a very tiring day but just to say

I got bronze for my Zouave
and Silver for my halftrack

:D (y)

Congrats Andy.

A big fire?? An epic fire of Hindenburg proportions??

Tell me if I'm getting warm here :D
James

I just finished downloading them onto the comp mate,...you know me and pictures :D

Some are a bit crap so I`ll bung up the good ones but not until tomorrow afternoon as Im finishing off personal stuff I should have done yesterday and Ive got my U12s Football game in the morning
:pp

Ok show report Day 2 Saturday

I got to the show just before 11 and I couldnt beleive the ammount of people milling about the exhibition show

11am and it was seminar time with superb groundwork man John Long who went through the steps of making realistic ground work and trees
throughly enjoyabel it was too,...

IMG_3782.JPG

IMG_3785.JPG

after that another visit back into the exhibition hall to see if anyone else I knew was there and there was plenty

Lewis Pruneau and his diorama

IMG_3840.JPG

Yes apparently theres someone out there who takes worst pictures than me lol

IMG_3792.JPG

IMG_3793.JPG

IMG_3794_2011-10-16.JPG

http://youtu.be/dIbdRFqnc3M

Back