• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Cherry Blossom Trainer

I don't know, but it's the best $15 I ever spent in the modeling world. And that was shipped from Japan.

I think I'll be looking at them more often.

Thanks guys.

Got some color/decals and Future on it.

Remind me never to build anything orange again. I don't know if it's the pigment or what, but no matter how I thinned or what pressure or brush, it went on with a fight.

The underside of IJN grey went on like a dream. Maybe it's the satin finish of the color. but I hated spraying it.

I'll just give it a day, then do some detail painting and a flat coat and call it.

h41426b2.jpg

Completely agree with Bob :good: I have not tried it yet but I wonder how it would spray over something like the Vallejo red primmer ?

I find that with the Tamiya red , it works a bit better with some clear red mixed in it :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Gents!

Both colors are Vallejo mixed by iModel formulas. The IJN grey and interior were Model Air, but the Orange was Model Color. Both were thinned with Vallejo AB thinner, the Orange a few different consistencies and pressures as I fought with it. In the orange, there is trans yellow.

Even more of an insult was wherever I sprayed the orange, I had to go back with IJN to get the sickly overspray tint covered, and that always faithfully laid down beautifully. I should have masked, but I thoroughly enjoy getting in tight with a free hand AB for camo.

I even tried to brush some patches but no joy and I've never had trouble feathering an edge before.

Bottom line is, no more bright colors for me (did I just jinx myself?). I've always heard yellow was a bear and you needed a white base, etc, but this was just no fun for me. I hate spending a bunch of time preserving surface detail only to goober it up with paint. Give me flat muted colors from now on. :pilot

Thanks guys.

I'm calling this one done.

It was tough to get shots of it, but here we go (I broke off one wing support during the photo session, it'll be regaled today).

h5578eb1.jpg

hfdf441f.jpg

he55235b.jpg

he5c6a8a.jpg

The underside with some dirt. I'd imagine these got roughed up being sled landing with novice pilots.

he1b150d.jpg

hf609357.jpg

I scratched up the nose, again, rough landings in grass, etc.

hf6e4222.jpg

And some cockpit shots. The IP was dry brushing, I skipped the decals.

h9e98bef.jpg

ha9afd25.jpg

Thanks for looking, this kit is a gem. I'll probably grab an armed version one day.

Congrats on a successful completion. This is a fantastic looking model. I commend you on the little details you added such as the scratches and wear from rough landings. Well done!

Back