• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Char B1 S 1/72

iambrb

Woo-Woo! Here it is!
SHOTTY204.jpg

SHOTTY205.jpg

Man, this is gonna be SMALL! One very unique thing about this kit is that the upper hull is molded as one piece, as can be seen here:
SHOTTY206.jpg

This is so small, I am seriously considering just using a brush to paint this - it is a good excuse to go to hobby lobby and buy more brushes anyhow!

Ok, here it is with about one hour into it, and I think that the lower hull is about 75% complete:

SHOTTY207.jpg

SHOTTY209.jpg

SHOTTY208.jpg

One of the neat things about this is that trumpeter is using something they call "slide mold technology", so that means that the upper hull + the lower wheel sections are one piece, respectively. If I were not also in the process of starting to prime/paint two planes and a KV-2 as well, I bet I would be mostly thru with the build already!

I highly recommend this thing - this is one fun build!

If you decide to build it, re-read the instructions multiple time because they are very poorly done and hard to understand. be especially careful on the hull gun, and do not mount that litle rack of roadwheels until you have the upper & lower hull together, it is much easier that way.

I'm guessing the threading of the tracks may be interesting, very interesting.

Artie_Johnson.jpg

Back