• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Canopy problems

Paulw

I bought a new Revell P-51D from Revell of Germany. When I opened the box I found the the canopy was split clean in two. I am looking for a D canopy. If any one has a canopy just sitting idly in the spares box drop me a note, please

Buggers. :ph:

I ran into something similar w/ a kit I picked up from a model show...except it wasn't broken...it just wasn't there. Still factory sealed too.

Hope one turns up. :Drinks:

I have two of those kits and neither canopy is very good. They have a lot of distortion in the sides. I even got a replacement canopy from Revell and it was no better. Going to go the vacform route, I have a couple of Squadron canopies.

I have two of those kits and neither canopy is very good. They have a lot of distortion in the sides. I even got a replacement canopy from Revell and it was no better. Going to go the vacform route, I have a couple of Squadron canopies.
That sounds like what I will have to do. Thanks. John.

I got an Academy 1/48 P-40 kit and the canopy was crushed. The distributor told me that they no longer carry the kit (I had just bought it) and wouldn't be able to get me one. I have a P-40 ready for final touches without the canopy. I feel your pain, Paul!

Back