• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

camafloge painting

Teaker11

I want to try a camafloge 4 color I have never tryed this what is best way to go about painting this. I will build a test model to try any one have good tips.
thanks
JIm

Sharp edge camo? If yes, try to mask edges with masking tape and fill inside with liquid mask . I used only liquid mask here:

3012.jpg

3011.jpg

Kopia3013.jpg

I started with black primer, masked black areas, later brown, masking and green at the end :)

If it's not sharp edge camouflage, try to paint it with high diluted paint and low pressure. First paint colour which is on the most surface or which is the lightest later paint contures of first colour and fill it carrefoully etc.

I hope I helped :blink

Regards,
Tomek

Tomek, I'd like to see that free hand feathered edge camo, oh to have young eyes again! Us old folks have to use something like silly putty to make a neat softedge demark line on camo.

TEAKER ,

I did this Free hand. A soft edge Tri-Tone I shot the Dk.Yellow 1st , Dk.Green 2nd. & the Red Brown last . Dry brushed with Dk.Yellow to tie it all together.

dsc07194_6_20101004_1770504613.jpg

dsc07187_1_20101005_1325519737.jpg

ERIK

Sorry moon puppy! :mpup My eyes won't be good if I will sit so long in the front of computer - when I was writing this post in Poland was 2 am :woohoo:

For masking you can also use Bluetack, rule is easy - thinner roll, sharper edges.

Regards,
Tomek

you can also get a sharper edge by applying more pressure to the blue tac or silly putty when tacking it to the subject..that make sense?

Not to worry about the time, we here at TnT understand well the difference in time zones, we got folks all over the world and a 12 hour lag time is not unexpected. I surely wasn't expecting a reply ASAP.

Nice work Erik, love seeing the suspension in transit...but no tracks??? :mpup don't mean to be on a crusade about tracks just something I notice...

you can also get a sharper edge by applying more pressure to the blue tac or silly putty when tacking it to the subject..that make sense?

Yes, it should work too.

Not to worry about the time, we here at TnT understand well the difference in time zones, we got folks all over the world and a 12 hour lag time is not unexpected. I surely wasn't expecting a reply ASAP.

Not a problem, I wrote it with reference to young eyes ;) I work at night because then nobody disturbes me - all family is sleeping and I always have PC turned on with hundreds of websites and forums :D

Best regards,
Tomek :mpup

Nice work Erik, love seeing the suspension in transit...but no tracks??? :mpup don't mean to be on a crusade about tracks just something I notice...

:huh: ... There are tracks on the Panther. What's not so apparent are the Tracks that are in the groundwork. behind the Panther... it's pretty torn up.

ERIK

Back