• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Caen Cauldron

Burton

In fact, I started this diorama more than a year ago. The Panther tank had already been finished and needed a place
to stay for the rest of it's plastic life.
I started with a small idea but it kept on growing and growing: I needed two buildings ( maybe a crossroad ); but then the Panther will look a little lost; let's put the crew; in maybe a secondary vehicle will get the balance right, oh I can put some grenadiers in the scene and so on... Ended up with a lot of work and frankly I'm a bit lazy. So now and then I've been working on it but not too fanaticaly. I've other projects and they got the priortity because maybe I could end these first (but I didn't).

Last week I have had some very positive reactions on the BMW R75 and now I'm trying to get myself back on track to finish it.
Maybe this time by posting it on the forum I won't lose interest. Hope my plan works. ;)

Enough words, here are the deeds !

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

Frank,

I love it already,I think I can speak for all of us,when I say;We hope you can finnish this of!!! (y)

Greetings,Ron.

Wonderful beginning

Please tell us

who makes the buildings ? I know one is maybe miniart.

The figures are from Alpine but remind me what the others are I know that they are JR sculpts but cant remember the trade name

Wonderful beginning

Please tell us

who makes the buildings ? I know one is maybe miniart.

The figures are from Alpine but remind me what the others are I know that they are JR sculpts but cant remember the trade name

Thank you.

The buildings are both 'Miniart' ( Normandy crossroads ).

As for the figures:

The tank crew are 'S&T products' as are the three grenadiers

The guy in the leather jacket holding the bottle is indeed 'Alpine' but the one pointing is 'Platoon' by Pegaso.

Greets, Frank

Wow, Frank! Glad I finally found this, it takes me awhile sometimes!! Excellent composition and execution, can't wait to see more! (y)

FRANK,

Thanx for th Run Down & Thanx for coming here to M.A. & turning Us onto Your Art !! It's Already lookin HOT !!! I love those S & T Figures. I believe that th M.G. Guy & th rest of those Grenadiers are Modeled after that Famous Picture of th 12th SS HJ from Normandy. Awesome Stuff FRANK !!

HJ-Norrey-en-Bessin.jpeg

Thanks to you, and all, for the positive feedback.

This picture really says it all, doesn't it. I believe it was taken after some heavy fighting.

German World War 2 pictures were usually made for propaganda purposes, but when you see these guys,

you know it's for real.

Glad I could get my hands on these figures !!!

Forgot to add that I like the strewn battle damage littering the road way and base, sometimes you see dios that are a bit too clean

That`s fine if the area population has had time to clean up :)

I don't think I'm going to add a motorcyclist. The general idea of the diorama is that the Panther crew has lost its way in the rubble of a bombed-out Caen, and that the company commander has managed to locate them and tries to put them back on the right track.
Both men in the leather uniforms belong to the BMW.
The commanding officers in Panzerdivisions actually made good use of motorcycles as can be seen in the next photo.
005.jpg

Hope you like the idea !!! ;)

Nice concept for a dio and one of my favorite topics,HJ in Normandy. The gent driving the BMW is non other than Panzermeyer with Von Ribbintrop(Panzer Co Comander)in the sidecar. They are getting ready for the first counterattack and they had pledged,along with Max Wunche,to the new grenadiers during training that the commanders would personally lead them into the first combat and so they did,even though all 3 were already wounded by the gigantic allied artillery support. You are correct about the most successly panzer leaders,they were always at the front,either in kubels or M/C or tanks,a fact which often drove their chiefs of staff back at HQ crazy but it this flexability that made them be able to hold the line against huge odds.
Of course,all Armies had guys like this invarying degrees.
J

Back