• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bv 212

Old Dog

The Bv 212 was one of two runners up in the Luftwaffe's emergency fighter program, the winner being the Ta 183 and the other runner up was the Junkers EF 128. I had built the 183 and the 128 back around 2008 and had started this one. For one reason and another it has been on the back burner all this time so about a month ago I began the effort to finish this one up. I had to do some serious searching for a couple of the parts as they had ended up in another box on the shelf of doom. For a finish I decided that with the rebirth of the Luftwaffe that maybe some WWI heritage colors might be in order. The canopy had been partially masked back then and after this long even Goo Gone wouldn't remove all the residue. This is the FM kit in 1/48...

212-b04.jpg

212-b05.jpg

212-b06.jpg

212-b07.jpg

212-b08.jpg

212-b09.jpg

212-b10.jpg

And here it is with the other two.

212-b11.jpg

Thanks for looking !

Great looking model Gary! (y)

A funny looking design for a WWII airplane but no reason to think it was a bad design, in recent years large scale turbine powered RC models have been built of the BV 212 and BV 215 and are said to fly very well.

Matrixone

The leading-edge scalloping is just breathtaking, Gary, how did you get that so 'even' ?? - Masking tape cut with crinkle blade scissors ??

Ian.

Interesting trio ...Makes me think of angry insects :frantic

Good job on finishing these (y) Wonder where these superhumans were supposed to come from to fly these things ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Back