• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Butch the A-20G-35-DO last one from the 2nd batch

Sharkmouth

Information Overload
Staff member
1718897802409.png

1718897815092.png
These ugly photographs are for Moon Puppy who wanted to see what I saw when I visit Modelers' Alliance on my Wii...
Yes, the kit is not started:
1718897636801.png

I did get the Revell kit decals for this build.

Regards,

Re: Butch A-20G-35-DO last one from the 2nd batch

Ha, looks like Modeler's Alliance website...

So we're started eh?

Cool Saul!!!

Terry (y)

The wings got some attention. OK, it is the top of the landing gear bays to be exact. The mounting holes were moved forward one quarter inch. The rear was removed and structural details added to the inside of the upper wing as it would be visible.

1718898011722.png

By the way, I am working on both the Bomber Command A-20G-1-DO and the Operation Overlord A-20G-35-DO at the same time so this post is identical to the other GB.

Not seen here but performed; all control surfaces were removed to be replaced by the KMC resin replacements.

I got disappointed when an order for detail items had to be canceled but I will move on until the items are back in stock.

Regards,

Last edited:

At AMPS, I bought some VP stuff to update this and the sharkmouth:
lootAMPSnats2011_123.JPG

Regards,

The R-2600 engine set from Verlinden has two engine fronts, each with PE harness, and one complete R-2600 along with its own harness. Looking at the box top, it seems like only two engines.

VP_001.JPG

They are quite nice but too large, the R-2600 (singular) from the B-25 update set has a smaller diameter and does fit the A-20 model.

Now, the B-25 update set engine is disappointing on two counts; there is only one engine and the casting is sub-par.
VP_002.JPG

The mold seems to have voids which caused resin balls to appear.

I did write to Verlinden Productions about this as I am hoping it is a 'Friday' set. I do hope the update set includes two engines since the B-25 is a twin engined bomber and it would be silly to have one detailed engine only. Also, I do hope for a replacement of this blob infested one.

Regards,

After a few cups of coffee, one really needs to then push themselves to see what they can do:

1718898104536.png

So I drilled out the mounts and replaced the adjustable foot rest on the turret. Unmodified kit part at left.
1718896760295.png

After this... Lights Out!

Regards,

Nice push Saul! I'm sure that gunner will appreciate your efforts. :mpup

Well good, at such a dizzying pace of work is a chance that the you will put decals with grandson help :rotf

Greetings Saul;

nice looking A-20........ (y) ... I like your set of add-ons ...... :mpup
The engines should look great.

......... :popcorn .... :popcorn

... :pilot ...,

Mike

Greetings All;

Saul,

I have noticed over the years, some of Verlinden's products have a problem with there
quality, or lack of. Several years ago I was a big fan of Verlindens products, and
unfortunately, that was before they where being made in the States. Now that they are
I have notices the lack of quality control. I reckon they had to lay some guy, or Gal,
off,...Lay off the person that dos not do anything but stand around all day......... :idonno

anyway......... you have some nice add-ons ........ that is the part of the hobby that
I think... I like the best. Getting a new model kit and then doing the Reference thing,
and figuring out what you can do with it.Then doing the Ref. thing again, but this time you
are looking for third party add on....... it is almost as much fun as sex..... almost......... :D

Anyway...... back at the model bench........ Any-more, I am really Leary of buying one of Verlindens
products. It is similar to rolling a set of dice.

I hope you can work with it, or perhaps you can get a set of engines from TEKNICS, They are quite good,
.....I have used them in the past, when I needed a radial engine.

... :pilot ...,

Mike

So what are you waiting for? Get to work lazy pal - before I gonna get senile blindness I would like to see your finished model :coolio

Back