• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Busy, busy, buzy

Kenny Loup

Hey guys. Been busy at work and home. Work is work of course, but things are progressing at the homestead. Last week we got the area of our property where the house pad will be leveled and formed up. Tomorrow we pour the concrete pad, driveway and patios! We will be there early and be hanging out in the camper FEMA provided us while the pour happens. I’ll bring my modeling travel box and see if I can’t get a little modeling time in while the pour is going on.

6DA40C73-7B68-4EEB-87C8-261155EAD8EC.jpeg

49150E46-39FD-4F0A-B4FB-28C3224222A1.jpeg

Will this be stick built or manufactured?
Barney, in a word, yes. The manufacturer is a company out of Alabama called Kabco. They do build their homes in a warehouse but they are a "heavy built" home, not your standard mobile home. That means everything is built with dimensional lumber on a metal frame. All the walls are standard 2 x 4 construction and the floor joist are 2 x 10. We're paying more and had to wait longer to get this home but we plan for it to be around for a long time.

Glad to see you finally getting into a house. Been a long time and too many storms.

I lived in FLA and AL (did you know that FLA really stands for Further Lower Alabama?) for a long time and have seen too much damage from storms. I also PCS's to the USVI 2 weeks after Hugo!)

Back