• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BTR-80 1/100 SCALE

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
Ok I know this is tiny, but it looks like it has good detail so I thought I would see what I can do with it.

This the ZVEZDA 1/100 BTR-80 kit. It is meant to be used in war gaming. There are two sprues and a decal sheet with numbers.

So here goes.....

DSC05343.JPG

DSC05344~0.JPG

B)

Are you done? :evil:

Regards,

Well.....

Assembly is strait forward and fit is excellent. The surface detail looks accurate when compared to images of the real thing. With the assembly done in about 15 minutes I set about adding details. I drilled out the headlights, added gun port doors, and started adding wire grab handles. Still more to do such as finish the wire work, smooth and trim some areas, fill openings around the handles.

DSC05349~0.JPG

DSC05346~0.JPG

DSC05348~0.JPG

DSC05351~0.JPG

DSC05352~0.JPG

DSC05353.JPG

B)

Wow, parked next to the xacto knife really puts into perspective how small that thing is. :good:

It is approx. HO scale maybe a little smaller.

Definitely smaller as my very old Roco BTR was HO (or 1/87th scale) and nothing close to this!

Terry, if you want a challenge (which I know you're capable of), try a diorama using GHQ's 1/285th scale armor... my favorite NYC hobby shop, Gateway Hobbies, used to have a display case of incredible dioramas using these models.

396418.jpg

First, finish this one! :good:

Regards,

Back