• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BRUMMBAR COMPLETE!

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
This is what happens when you park your Brummbar in a bad neighborhood.

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net/tanks-diorama-wip-f2/iron-mike-s-brummbar-t2347.htm

Everyone moves over here and look what happens..........

IMG_1865.jpg

Gone in 60 seconds...

IMG_1866.jpg

Tony got me wanting to finish this beastie, since I'm waiting on the slow boat from China (Lucky Model)for my PE set for the KV-1. Still cleaning Magic Tracks, more this PM? :pinch:

Re:THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU PARK YOUR BRUMMBAR..

:laugh: :eek:hmy: :laugh:

Oh My Gosh that's F-U-N-N-Y :silly:

Tony Lee

Thanks, Tony! Your build got me pointed back in the right direction and for that, my friend, I am grateful! Made some progress today, decided I was going to use Dundee Dude's track tip (where IS Ben, anyway???).

IMG_1867.jpg

Laid a piece of Green tape sticky side up on my trusty pallet (1x4), then started assembling links.

IMG_1868.jpg

Got all the links pretty straight and assembled, used Testors Liquid Cement to glue them up, wait about 20 minutes for glue to set up.

IMG_1875.jpg

While waiting for the links to dry, attached the rollers and road wheels (dry), with a paper towel shim to keep everything from dropping off.

IMG_1872.jpg

IMG_1874.jpg

Carefully peel up the track length...

IMG_1875.jpg

And thread the length through the rollers and around the drive..

IMG_1876.jpg

You can maintain your sag with cotton swabs.

IMG_1876.jpg

IMG_1877.jpg

I came up a little short (on purpose, easier to add than remove links)

IMG_1878.jpg

Add the last few and let it all dry for a couple days. Ben says the length can shrink, so it's important to leave everything all assembled until completely dry. The assembly can then be removed as one for painting. I still have the other side to clean and assemble, hopefully it won't take another 5 months!!! :huh:

Getting back after it this morning. Planning to use the Schurzen, which Dragon has provide in light gauge metal. I am wondering how much damage these would have incurred, I've found pix with some panels missing but am wondering about how much they would have gotten bent and shot up. Anyone have any ideas? pix?
IMG_1879.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Looks like you paked that thing in St Louis, LOL!

Everyone seems to think they need to model the schurzen all bent up. They were 5mm thick,steel,and heavy as heck. IMHO missing (read "lost by the crew") is more likely than bent.

Good to hear from you, Wayne! Your opinion follows my instincts, but I thought I'd toss it out for discussion. Thanks for responding!

That's what i've read too. They get knocked off but very seldom if ever bent. Of coarse AT rounds would dent or put a hole in them.

As for Ben I haven't see him today.I may have hit his pride yesterday by telling him he could do better on his clean-up and to take his time and not rush it.

No zimmerit on yours huh,it should have but I don't have a problem with that myself. The first early models,I think it was 60,that left the factory didn't have it. Of those 30 were sent back to the shop for repairs and while there had the zimm applied before being returned to service.

You're doing a nice job so far,clean and neat building,my kind of guy.
Tony Lee

Iron Mike

Hope this photo is helpful to you

This is a 1.Series Stupa at Kursk.
brummbarpart1page21.jpg

Let me know if you need more pics of damage to side skirts.

Thanks Tony! I still have a long way to go to catch up with you!

Mighty Ninja, those a two very cool pix, exactly what I was looking for! Thank you! I think I'm going to use a full set on one side and have a couple missing or tilted on the other. Still waiting on tracks to set thoroughly before removing them to paint, the all dark road wheels look pretty weird right now.

It's interesting to note the schurzen are askew, have been holed, and the mounts twisted, but not a bend in sight.

Those crewman are silently thanking the person who made them attach those heavy plates right about now.

Mighty Ninja wrote:
Iron Mike

Let me know if you need more pics of damage to side skirts.

I'd love to see more pictures of the StuPa at Kursk, if you've got them.

I am looking at the hole in the side of that Skirt , if the armour was not there , I think at that angle it would have missed the tank competely ! :eek:hmy:

But I love a Brummbar , they are a pretty Kewl vehicle :laugh:

Jenny :kiss:

Thank you Jenny, yes it does appear that was an unusual angle on that round! Made a little progress this AM, not going to get much more done, need to work this PM.

IMG_1883.jpg

Added a few of the missing bits and pieces, getting ready to paint.

IMG_1882.jpg

Just HAD to drop the skirts on for a quick look....

IMG_1881.jpg

IMG_1880.jpg

Not sure this is the final configuration, but wanted to grab a peek. More later!

Nice job hanging the skirts Mike. After you punch out tonight tell em you'll see them next year,if they're lucky.

Nice solid build
Tony Lee

Thanks, Tony! Wish I could get by with going AWOL, but guess who's scheduled until 7PM Christmas Eve??? My own fault really, I switched shifts with one of the guys who has his kids that night. My wife works until 7 too, since the jail don't close on Christmas! Lucky for me I DO get Friday, Saturday AND Sunday off, though!!! :drink

Looking good my friend, looking good. Can't wait to see her done.

Thanks, Joe! I appreciate it greatly! We need to work on Tony Lee to come to SurgiCon, he's in MO. Wish I wasn't so far away, so I could attend!

Re:THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU PARK YOUR BRUMMBA

Those danged Brumbarbarians. Glad you got your tracks back. lol. Looks good, Mike.

Re:THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU PARK YOUR BRUMMBA

Nice looking Brummbaer Mike. Between you and Tony building these bad boys, I'm now tempted to do one myself. Keep up those updates, can't wait to see how this looks when weathered up.

Rob

Back