• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BRUMMBAR COMPLETE!

Re:THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU PARK YOUR BRUMMBAR..

Thanks,guys! I lost a "little" momentum back in August (not really sure why!), but Tony's build got me back "on track". This is a kit that fits well and has enough part options to build several versions. I've been with my wife's family the last two days, so no modeling updates this AM. Please stay tuned....... :)

Nice work Mike , she's turning out very nice , nice clean build !!!

Outside of your great modeling skills , you happen to be a very brave man , .........
Holidays with the inlaws , ........ a couple of days !!!!

I can't decide whether I'd want to do that with my inlaws , ........... or book passage on the Titanic's maiden voyage .

Cheyenne wrote:
Nice work Mike , she's turning out very nice , nice clean build !!!

Outside of your great modeling skills , you happen to be a very brave man , .........
Holidays with the inlaws , ........ a couple of days !!!!

I can't decide whether I'd want to do that with my inlaws , ........... or book passage on the Titanic's maiden voyage .

"I had a lot of help from Jack Daniel" :lol: Thanks Glenn! I hope to get some done today, need coffee............

Made a little progress recently, shot some camo today, looks pretty stark and man, look at all the spots that need touch up! :eek:hmy:

IMG_2325.jpg

IMG_2324.jpg

IMG_2323.jpg

I did also manage to clean up the bench and got a little more organized....

IMG_2314.jpg

IMG_2315.jpg

Waiting for stuff to dry now, maybe I'll crack open the Jagdpanther???? :pinch:

This is looking good and the bench looks nice too.

Tony Lee

Johnny, thank you for the encouragement!

Tony, I wouldn't have gotten this far without your inspiration!! I wasn't happy with some of the pattern, so I added a little more.

IMG_2327.jpg

IMG_2328.jpg

IMG_2329.jpg

I think this is better, but still needs to get toned down and blended with the weathering process.

OK Mike that's enough,don't over do it.
"Tony, I wouldn't have gotten this far without your inspiration!!"
That's what my puppy said to me when I was house breaking her.

Thanks
Tony Lee

Almost finished, I need to build the tow cables,then I need to shoot some good pix. These are from tonight's meeting.

IMG_2396.jpg

IMG_2395.jpg

IMG_2397.jpg

IMG_2398.jpg

IMG_2399.jpg

I used The Filter Tan For Tritonal Camo to add some depth to my colors, followed by a burnt umber oil pin wash. I added some stowage from Verlinden and Tamiya and also added the PE chains to the pistol ports. So much to learn.......

Well, I finally got to the end of this project and set up to take some better pictures. I touched up the remaining areas and added a little more wash and dry brushing.

IMG_2439-1.jpg

IMG_2438.jpg

IMG_2437.jpg

IMG_2443.jpg

IMG_2446.jpg

A big thank you to all who provided input and moral support, I learned a lot on this build, hopefully, the best is yet to come. (y)

Mike,

Love to see it finished, you did a good job.
However, I don´t consider it finished! I think you could play a little with some dry mud and dust over it, specially around the lower hull and side-skirts.What do you think?
Hope you don´t get upset with my comment, but I believe you will understand.
Best regards,

Juliano

Hey Hey Hey Mike :woohoo:
That looks really great and the possibles on the back are a neat addition.
I also see a some personal touches like the worn paint from the port plug swinging back and forth and where the tow hook has rubbed off the paint on the wheel rack.

Juliano has some good suggestions too but who know just where this has been in operation???
It could be new to the front or has only seen duty in a town with infantry support on hard surfaces but even at that brick and cement dust would accumulate.

No matter,you've got her done bud.
Tony Lee

Very nice.

You know as far as the camo is concerned, we all strive for perfection in our paint work. None of us achieve THAT, though some are better than others.

In reality, the tanks were mostly painted in the field by some bored soldier. Looking at some photos revealed the camo was indeed splattered, and overspray was everywhere. It faded, chipped and wore off the base coat rather quickly at times.

Your lil bear looks good, and you should be proud.

G

Juliano, thank you for your suggestion, I think you are quite right. I would NEVER be offended by constructive suggestions, thank again!

Johnny, the fat bear, I like it!

Tony, I'd like to use the excuse that it's new to theater, but since it's missing skirts, I won't get that past the goalie. I have resisted temptation to weather this one too much, maybe just a little more is in order?

Wayne, good to have you back at TNT! Thanks for the praise, that means a lot to me!

Mike, I like the touch of the wearing down on the gun port swinging around. Gear on the rear is a good touch also.

Back