• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BROKENEAGLE'S PAINTINGS - update 23rd Oct'23- a new sci-fi painting idea.

Thank you to all of you who have replied and left feedback. It has really been a fantastic response and helped boost me along. :tens:
I find after having been working on this for so long on some days I review it and think, it just hasn't worked and then the next day, after some sleep and a break, I am happy with the results and push on. This one has been 'hanging around' my studio less than half done since 2017, so it needed to move up my 'to do' list!
I will post up the graphics fo the unit cards very soon (once completed).
I now feel a big boost from you guys to finished the Unit card details and then move on to the 2nd version which will be more simplified and technical based with the tank depicted after the battle and the Tank supported by a fading map of Berlin with the specs for the tank graphically represented in a landscape aspect Ratio - more like my second version of the G6 without the full background.
........and a special thanks to those who let me know that they thought this was my best piece up-to-date, that really helps.

I have updated the painting with the latest version that has some post production edits using filters, as well as some minor detail fixes. The filters have given the painting a more dynamic late afternoon feel in the 'burning capitol'. Just subtle but I think it helps. The beauty of digital tools combined with traditional painting. It represents the 'city on fire' feel much more now I think. I also adjusted the title font size and added a second row with the time and location ref at a much smaller size and different color.
I think that all the changes have enhanced it from the page before - please let me know what you think.

last tiger1 _web.jpg

.....and the actual tank.
DcNLva_XcAA9u5e.jpg

13.jpgTiger I Early - '323' of Muncheburg KO'd in Berlin - RHS.jpg11.jpg

Last edited:
will there be prints available?
Definately. This is a Limited Edition of 25 prints only. Please PM on my MA user for more info Barney and thanks for your interest.
These will be ready for print in a week or so and are doing quite well with a number of the first prints already reserved.;)
Ian.

Tiger 1 UPDATE
OK, so here is the finished result with accompanying Unit cards. Watermarks, signatures and reduced size etc added for web security sorry. I think you can still get the idea though. 4 Unit cards only available with the ltd edition.
last tiger1 _web.jpg

Muncheburg shield p1 web.jpgshield page 2 ad.jpgMuncheburg map page 3web.jpgMuncheburg map page 4_ad.jpg

Last edited:
Back