• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

British M3 "Honey" 1/35

Even though I got to watch you at work at that AMPS show, I'm still awestruck watching you do this. Great stuff!

8435DE5F-F030-4C22-949C-3B6BE8E1FDAD.jpeg

Your build process interests me. Almost no other model maker starts with the base (or do they?) :vgood:

Your build process interests me. Almost no other model maker starts with the base (or do they?) :vgood:
Well, I don't always do it this way. Sometimes I build up the suspension and lower hull, and occasionally I do build the kit most of the way, then move to the base before painting. I think of the project as a whole, not kit, base figs as separate, but related, I think of the whole.

Sometimes I build up the suspension and lower hull,
This... easier to adapt the suspension to a completed base than the other way around. This way, the kit suspension can be built, painted, and locked in places to allow full concentration on either completing the base or blending the base and kit together,

This is a lesson learned while trying to adapt an IS-2 to a wooden log repaired bridge.

Plus, I am building a scene, not just a model, and to me, the base is the proper place to start. I even have the correct-sized Tupperware container set up and holes and fasteners all set to secure the final product into its crypt before I do anything else. I will snap a photo when I get home later.

The Allen Pzkw 1F had horrible tracks that I really had to mod down to get them to fit around the sprocket correctly. Got it done, but what a pain that kit was.

Back