• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

British M3 "Honey" 1/35

Nice to see the forward planning steps John, I wish i could roll perforated sheet in to a tube like that without it bending across the holes :)

House was high and dry thanks to my foresight to store sandbags ready to go, the office had about 6 inches of water in the basement, but again I was thinking ahead, and all the mechanicals are on raised piers 12 inches high. the only damage was to stored items on the floor, but they were a total loss, and now we have dehumidifiers and fans running. It took a week to clear out the basement and repair the damage to the lawn at home, but all in all, I felt lucky compared to those who lost everything.

Fire, floods, famine, and plagues of locust...

I live in Cleveland, we get midges; lots and lots of midges.

Sorry to hear of your property damage. I have lived in Hurricane territory (FLA and USVI) and remember the storms. My dad used to say it is just stuff and insurance will replace it. But the loss of a life is real damage.

1690487994715.png

Flood Mitigation work

Wow, good to hear the damage was not too extensive, comparatively. I've had to do similar in the past, lots of work. That wall looks sealed tight for a long time to come.

Looking good with excellent details. :good:
Those cut-off rifles are pretty bizarre what is the story behind those?
They are 4in smoke launchers which fire these:

1692625119404.png

The centre base of the canisters had a very simple detonator fitted which was basically two thin metal discs with a sandwich of mercury fulminate in the middle. The pressure blast of the firing cartridge was sufficient to set the detonator off, thereby igniting the propellant charge.

The rifles were fired by a remote cable.
1692625509724.png

The round used to ignite the smoke shell was a ballistite 303 with a flat end. (finished with a purple sealer). The blank is crimped (like a shot gun cartridge) to a blunt point.

Back