• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Breda Ba.65 1/72 AZ Model

Flyingbabydoc

Hello dear friends,

After another involuntary hiatus I am happy to show you my latest, a limited edition Breda Ba.65 from AZ Model, with resin and PE parts direct from the manufacturer.

Not an easy build, you have to do some modifications to get everything to fit. I added the 50-pound bombs in the bomb bay and the underwing pylons.

This plane is the one flown by Adriano Visconti (later an ANR ace flying the Macchi 205) in North Africa 1940/41. I hope you like it.

Thanks for visiting and hopefully see you soon.

Cheers

IMG_8492.jpg

AlexIMG_8353.jpgIMG_8354.jpgIMG_8355.jpgIMG_8356.jpgIMG_8357.jpgIMG_8358.jpgIMG_8359.jpgIMG_8371.jpgIMG_8385.jpgIMG_8386.jpgIMG_8387.jpgIMG_8388.jpgIMG_8400.jpgIMG_8401.jpgIMG_8402.jpgIMG_8403.jpgIMG_8404.jpgIMG_8416.jpgIMG_8417.jpgIMG_8418.jpgIMG_8419.jpgIMG_8490.jpgIMG_8491.jpgIMG_8492.jpgIMG_8493.jpgIMG_8494.jpg

Very cool. If one came out in 1/32 I would get it just because its so chunky its neat. I havent done many Italian birds in the past but always enjoy seeing yours. Thats why I got a CR 42 and although I dont know about it I am sure I will be getting a Fiat G.50 for Christmas that I bought for my wife to give me ;) Looking forward to seeing more Doc :0
James

@jknaus Thanks a lot old friend, very kind of you. Indeed, it is so strangely neat, which is why I like the model so much (this is my 3rd). I don't think there is one in 1/32 but pretty sure in 1/48 if you want to try. Otherwise check out the new Macchi Mc. 202 from Italeri in 1/32 - seems to be an amazing model if you are into that gigantic scale (not for me though). (https://www.italeri.com/en/article/823)
Good luck with the G.50. Beautiful plane. Great idea to buy something for your wife to give you. Will look into it.
@Impisi Vielen Dank Martin. Yes, many of the bombers like the Sparviero Sm.79 had an upright bomb bay. Even the Germans had it - look at the Heinkel He-111.
This scheme shows you what I mean. I have built quite a few of those bombers and love to place the upright bombs...

1691922066558.png

Cheers and thanks for looking,

Alex

Attachments

• 1691922033250.png
    1691922033250.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 19
Good to see your post my friend! The Breda is an interesting plane to be sure. As always I like your Italian camouflage paint work.

On a side note, years ago I found a Rare Planes Vacuform of this plane. I think it was the first Vac kit and first Rare Planes kit I ever obtained.
I also love the SM.79 and am waiting for HPH or their plastic kit associates to release this aircraft in 1/32. I don't know if it will be in plastic or resin though I have seen photos of the start of the resin pattern.

Thank you dear Paul. I appreciate your words as always.

There are indeed a few Bredas in resin and Vacuform. In polystyrene there were only the kits from AZ Model and more recently from Special Hobby, which are quite difficult to find.

I know of the SM.79 in 1/48 from Trumpeter and a 1/32 Sparviero from Tigger Models in Vacuform:

Stay tuned. My next project is a Piaggio P108 bomber where I plan to do the interior from scratch! I will post as soon as it starts.

Cheers

Alex

The Trumpeter kit has accuracy issues as their kits almost always have. There is another 1/48th scale kit by Classic Airframes that is supposed to be much better, but is also quite hard to find these days.
You might check out my MMM2023 build of the Bugatti P-100. Quite an interesting aircraft.

The Trumpeter kit has accuracy issues as their kits almost always have. There is another 1/48th scale kit by Classic Airframes that is supposed to be much better, but is also quite hard to find these days.
You might check out my MMM2023 build of the Bugatti P-100. Quite an interesting aircraft.

I Just saw it Paul, amazing! What a build, and what an aircraft. Italian design is always so futuristic. YOu did an excellent job, congrats.

An interesting subject! The AZ canopy looks like it doesn't fit worth a darn.
Not worth the oxygen molecules I wasted trying to get it to fit. I just realized that the glue must have come off when I took the pictures and the canopy looks horribly open. I should have checked before posting. Oh well. :ph::bash::bash::bash::bash:

Back