• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Break time. *a lot of pictures*

Ken Abrams

I started converting this kit in 2008 and finally got the whole scene put together.

It's a 3AD mortar carrier conversion based on photos in Concords 'US Half Tracks in Combat', Tankograds TM No. 6010 and a few training photos given to me via-e-mail of these forward firing mortar carriers converted in Europe pre-d-day.

Thanks for looking and as always comments, ideas, tweaks, criticisms etc. are all welcome.

B)

ML-9.jpg

ML-10.jpg

ML-5.jpg

ML-7.jpg

ML-8.jpg

ML-11.jpg

ML-6.jpg

ML-13.jpg

ML-4.jpg

ML-12.jpg

ML-3.jpg

ML-1.jpg

ML-2.jpg

Wonderful... but where's the tire bulge? According to the TM illustrations of a non-combat tire, it should have a bulge. No?

:laugh: B) :laugh:
:woohoo: :silly: :side:
:eek:hmy: :blink :unsure:

Regards,

Viper_MP wrote:
Beautiful work, Ken. It looks fantastic!

Thank you! :D

sharkmouth wrote:
Wonderful... but where's the tire bulge? According to the TM illustrations of a non-combat tire, it should have a bulge. No?

Regards,

HAHA! You too funny mang. :woohoo:

moon puppy wrote:
Very Nice! what did you do to the windshield to get that fogged look?

Tanx! A very light misting of Floquils 'dust'. I'm not convinced yet that I like it though. :ermm:

Leopard2 wrote:
Looking good, looking very good...hats off.

Thank you, thank you. B)

Beauty build Ken , sweet paint , groundwork and lifelikenessrealismity [ new word ].

This looks really cool , I like the location holes for the lift and place front legs of the mortar !!!

The base is also lookin very cool , ........ Black Walnut ? , ..... Rock Maple , Curly Maple ?

Well I think it looks superb , :) I really like the subtle tone variations .

Hmmmmmm :unsure: I am not sure if I am more worried that Moon Pup doesn't know what fogs up windscreens :unsure: or that the two men look terribly pleased with themselves ...
Brokeback Halftrack :blush: ?

Jenny :kiss:

:laugh: Jenny , you do realize after that comment you won't be getting a Christmas card from Elton John next year .................

Dioramix wrote:
A very nice vehicle in a great wilderness. (y)

Love the detail work allover in the scenem from the interior to the plants!

An artwork!

Thank you very much!

Joe Hudson wrote:
Very nice. I love the weathering and setting.

Joe

Thanks Joe!

tanktrax wrote:
Very impressive work... (y)

What did you use for the grass, bushes and tree?

Thank you!

It is all stuff found outside in nature, the tree is assembled from parts of a small bush in the garden, the grass is plucked from a plant called 'foxtail' and the bushes are made from the flowers of a plant found on the edge of a stream next to my house. They are all picked in the fall when the plants have 'died' and dried up.

Cheyenne wrote:
Beauty build Ken , sweet paint , groundwork and lifelikenessrealismity [ new word ].

This looks really cool , I like the location holes for the lift and place front legs of the mortar !!!

The base is also lookin very cool , ........ Black Walnut ? , ..... Rock Maple , Curly Maple ?

Thanks Glenn.

lifelikenessrealismity... B)

The base was made from Oak cut offs from stair treads actually. I have built more things out of oak for various customers over the years than I care to remember. Because of this, I have grown to absolutely despise oak, it's smell, it's look, it's feel...

:X

What I did was stain it, and then spray paint it black and then lightly sand it exposing some of the grain while leaving some of the black paint, then clear coated it.

jenny croft wrote:
Well I think it looks superb , :) I really like the subtle tone variations .

Hmmmmmm :unsure: I am not sure if I am more worried that Moon Pup doesn't know what fogs up windscreens :unsure: or that the two men look terribly pleased with themselves ...

Jenny :kiss:

Thanks Jenny!

Maybe I should have named this one, 'don't ask, don't tell'?

:whistle:

First two words that came to mind were unprintable. Well the first one anyway. Top notch dio Ken, This ticks all the boxs for me. EXCELLENCE MY FRIEND.

Ant (y)

Leggy wrote:
Top stuff, kit and groundwork exceptional.

Thanks!

Kreighshoer wrote:
bloody good work ken!

jenny croft wrote:

MWHAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHARHAR!

that would explain the fogged windshield! :laugh:

Thank you Laura!

TREEMENDUS wrote:
First two words that came to mind were unprintable. Well the first one anyway. Top notch dio Ken, This ticks all the boxs for me. EXCELLENCE MY FRIEND.

Ant (y)

Thanks Ant!

mlp wrote:
WOW what a great one - looks superb!

Thank you!

Back