• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bravo 6's Selous Scouts

JamesOLeary

Master at Arms
One of the perks of being friends with Vladimir Demchenko from Bravo 6 is that he sends me his new releases, usually to see what kind of conversion I can come up with, but this time I will be building this kit as it was intended to be. I just primed it and plan on starting the painting process tomorrow with the hope that it will be completed in time for the Tulsa Figure Show on 11 June.

20220604_202434.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Cheers,
James

Shorts and G3's. South Afrikaans?

Selous Scouts were Rhodesians who were some hard core mf'ers. When I worked for an environmental consulting firm in the 1990s, I was put on a project providing oversight on an environmental project KBR was working on at Kelly AFB in San Antonio. The KBR foreman had served in Selous Scouts. After work we would hang out for an hour until traffic died down telling stories. Most of his stories were better than my Recon Marine stories, and I did some pretty cool stuff in some interesting places, so that should be an indicator as to how hard core these guys were. Their selection process was right up there with SAS and Delta selection.

I love the SLR's(FNFAL)......brings back fond memories. Great looking figures. If you have ever read any stories by Wibur Smith on the Courtneys you will have come across the Selous Scouts. I had a South African buddy who had fought along side them on the border with Rhodesia against the terrorists.

I read a book by a fellow who started off in the Rhodesian Light Infantry and then got invited into the Selos Scouts. It was an amazing read about an amazing man and an elite unit. While they has a SAS regiment the Scouts were one step above and personally I know I could never do what they did in training or on missions. If you want inspiration this is well worth the read:

Three Sips of Gin: Dominating the Battlespace with Rhodesia's Elite Selous Scouts

Back