• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bratskaya Mogila na Dovoikh: A Brothers Grave for Two

jknaus

Administrator
Finishing off a few projects and need to do some more gluing. My buddy James got a T-60 for his birthday so the two of us are going to do a bit of a group build. So starting my T-60 from Plant Number 37. I'm either going to do a 30th Guards tank or one from the Volkhov Front in 1942. The Guards one is neat because of the white commanders hatch. Will see as I get closer. Have some figs for it and some Fruil Tracks.
The T-60 was built as a replacement for the T-30 and was hated by its crews. This led to the name Bratskaya Mogila na Dovoikh or A Brothers Grave for Two. The Germans found it underwhelming but it was a good tow prime mover for artillery and as an ammo carrier.
T-60.jpg

Instructions
James

A bit of work done through the week. Engine and bulkhead dry fitted. Soon I can paint the white and then carry on adding more tiny parts :)
full

full

One thing that confused me and so I have a email into Miniart. The instructions call for the channels across the torsion bars to have 2 holes. Mine had 3. I checked online builds and they had 2 holes. In the end I just wanted to build and I'm not even sure if anyone will see them so i glued them in.
full

full

full

Love the Mr Dissolved putty. Levels out and nice gloss finish. Easy to sand and looks good. Fills the punch marks very nicely.
full

full

And finally thinking of a vignette with the Miniart Type 170V car.
full

James

Got the sidewalls on and the front and back. Letting it dry before painting. Have dry fit the top and turret and just to show how small it is placed the car beside it.
full

full

full

full

full

Not going to be able to see much inside even with hatches open.
James

Looking good, James!

It is easy to see why it might not be the most popular vehicle. Tiny means thin defense and not much offense. :stinker:

Thanks guys. Still plugging away. Working on the engine now. Painted the interior and the ready rounds. Forgot top take a pic of them but they are masked ready for the second colour. Lots of little stiff to work on and paint. Seat given a base coat. Some of the assemblies are just miniscule.
full

The small selector handles are neat but that was an exercise in tiny gluing the pe together.
full

full

full

James

GOSH DARNIT JAMES!!!! You have inspired me with this little kit and I was FORCED, that's right - FORCED, to go to Sprue Brothers and order this:

MIA35237-2.jpg

I will surely get yelled at by the wife now! :lol: :rotf:lol::rotf

Ok - all kidding aside, I have been kicking around an idea for a small vignette for a while and I couldn't figure out what tank to use. When I saw your build, it all kind of clicked.

Thanks for the help!
Mike

GOSH DARNIT JAMES!!!! You have inspired me with this little kit and I was FORCED, that's right - FORCED, to go to Sprue Brothers and order this:

View attachment 125363

I will surely get yelled at by the wife now! :lol: :rotf:lol::rotf

Ok - all kidding aside, I have been kicking around an idea for a small vignette for a while and I couldn't figure out what tank to use. When I saw your build, it all kind of clicked.

Thanks for the help!
Mike
lol. Glad to be of service :devil:
If it makes you feel better I asked Saul for some info and now have another 5 books in my basket that I will have to wait to buy because I have bought too many already.
Looking forward to seeing what you do. I am thinking for mine having the car from a maintenance unit checking over the T-60 with hatches open etc. I know they used them to pull guns and act as prime movers. So some battlefield plundering. Not sure what damage I could do though that would make the crew leave while not rendering it useless.
James

If it makes you feel better I asked Saul for some info and now have another 5 books in my basket that I will have to wait to buy because I have bought too many already.
Looking forward to seeing what you do. I am thinking for mine having the car from a maintenance unit checking over the T-60 with hatches open etc. I know they used them to pull guns and act as prime movers. So some battlefield plundering. Not sure what damage I could do though that would make the crew leave while not rendering it useless.
James

You could make one of the tracks broken with maybe a wheel or two bent off true, as if it got damaged by an anti personnel mine or grenade. With oncoming enemy, that would not be worth fixing; the crew would have just bailed and ran.

James

I’m thinking something to have it become abandoned with all the hatches open. Maybe just a thrown track or something like that.
:popcorn

Back