• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Big... bad .... and cold .... 1/48 King Tiger ....

Hello again!!

After enjoying Sven´s King Tiger, I knew that I NEEDED to make one of those kitten as King Tiger is for me, one of the nicest tanks in WWII... I recovered a long time ago abandoned kit and I´ve finihed it adding some details here and there. I used Hauler PE set and some other parts from my spare box.

Again, camo will be a little "singular".

1-6.jpg

2-6.jpg

3-6.jpg

4-5.jpg

I ´ve found the desired tank´s camo in this book:

Pz.Kpfw.VI Tiger Ausf. B Konigstiger Technical & Operational History, Waldemar Trojca
Page 333

And the vehicle will be.......

Tiger Ausf B, 3 s.H.Pz.Abt 505 (nº 324), in the area of Gordony, near Lake Velence, Hungary, March 13, 1945 (actually, I´ll make nº323)

I´ll start priming it in some minutes ....

Jose,

A King Tiger looks tough in any scale. I love all the metal parts makes it look heavy. I will keep my eye on this one.

Terry

don't get me wrong josé, this is brilliantly executed like always but to me the ambush dots are "too clean", too regular!

but in the end it'll look outstanding! that i'm sure of! :cheer:

jose luis lopez wrote:
Really think so? ... :( ... I´ll see the profile I used to paint it and I´ll check it!. Thank you for your valuable comment!

josé - it's only my taste and nothing of accurate or not! and as i said it's brilliantly executed! brilliantly!

do not forget that i'm by far not expert on late war camo schemes!

and look what i found while performing a picture search:

5xs94k.jpg

21o4f8k.jpg

(both pics discussion purpose only!)

seems like that my taste is of absolute no importance here! ;) :)

Dear comrade:

Your comment and any comment intended to correct, suggest, or just applaud/smash a job are always welcome and neccesary. Thanks again! Our jobs MUST always be not completely pefect ... so we can always learn a little more from them. :)

Regarding the camo, I must confess that I see also rare... unsightly ... those dots. Now, I´m at home and I´ve checked Trojca´s book and some other books here and there (Ryton, AFV Modelling Vol 3 Tiger II, Tiger´s in Combat, some modelling magazines...) and in nearly all of the pictures, the dots are distributed in a boring regular way like I did. BUT, in other pictures, dots are distributed in a more irregular (and atractive) pattern (your taste and, for example, Sven work are also right)

So, my dots are dull, bored and repetitive :( :( , but in most vehicles .... they were dull, bored and repetitive.... unfortunately!!! Probably I had to "let my imagination fly" in this camo, but I followed an existent picture from a book ... and now, it´s to late. :(

Thanks for your post. Never hesitate to tell me your taste or criticism. We all want to improve, don´t we?

Re:Big... bad .... and cold .... 1/48 King Tiger .

Jose,

Really nice build!

Your camo job looks exactly like the one in the photos!

I can't wait to see it finished

Bob

Yes, I know ... in this pictures contrast seems excesive, too vivid colors here and there ...

.... next step .... filters ... then all the colors will integrate in a more esthetic way ... hope so!

DSC_0043_268.jpg

DSC_0045_270.jpg

DSC_0040_265.jpg

Any opinion or suggestion will be highly apreciated.

Thanks for posting!

I must say this is a really impressive finish, a real eye-catcher. Are you basing this on an actual photo with this scheme? Look fantastic!
Steven

Thanks for your post and support!! It´s very easy modelling with all you over there!

.. I know that previous pictures were to ... agressive? ... .... now, let´s start with some weathering to get a new look ... as usually, a race against the clock ... dead line on April 9 .... Torrent! Will I meet you there? :laugh:

DSC_0048_273.jpg

DSC_0049_274.jpg

Too bad

That beauty alone would have been worth the trip to Torrent :(

I think it looks fantastic. This will be one of your most spectacular models ever !

Fun to watch

Thanks guys! ... such a pity you do not come to Torrent, Sven ... :( ...

Upper part 100% finished except spare tracks, tools, cables and exhaust pipes ...

DSC_0053_277.jpg

DSC_0054_278.jpg

... lower part 80% finished

Hope you like the way this kitty is turning up ... any opinion or suggestion will be highly apreciated

Back