• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BF 109F-2 by ICM in 1/48

Impisi

OK, so this will be mine
Making-Of-163613.jpg

I took this Image last Sunday but haven't done anything so far. The figures are also ICM boxed by Revell

Thanks Dave

OK, I started
Making-Of-220210-2222-20220210-222256-001.jpg

So far the pit and engine section are glued, next will be color.
Well this kit is a bit mixed: the deatil is OK but the plastic is very soft and for me this is over engineered, too many parts for things you won't see unless you display it opened. Anyway, somehow it will look like a 109 in the end.

Interesting, i bought an ICM MkIX spit years ago with all the resin extras to make a definitive MkIX. I gather back then they were the only ones to get the fuselage shape correct. I'm going back about 10 years and i still have the kit waiting but maybe its been bettered these days by another manufacturer ?

Interesting, i bought an ICM MkIX spit years ago with all the resin extras to make a definitive MkIX. ... but maybe its been bettered these days by another manufacturer?
Indeed, it has been bettered by the Eduard releases. Still, it is worth building.

Regards,

OK, as I said it will look like a 109 in the end and does start looking like one, not?
Making-Of-220217-2050-20220217-205007-002.jpg

but honestly I still do not like the kit but we'll find an arrangement ...

and the crew takes up shape as well
Making-Of-220217-2050-20220217-205026-001.jpg

Those figures made by ICM boxed by Revell I do like

The figures are REALLY nice! I recognize them (ICM did copy other companies at that time). A nicer Bf 109F, if one doesn't want to spend the money on Eduard, is made by Zvezda.

Regards,

Back