• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Betty Bomber.

nerdling

Now that I have everything rounded up for this beastie I have decided to slowly begin working on her. Been wanting this kit since I saw it about 15 years ago. Have all sorts of aftermarket goodies for her as well.

IMG_6245.JPG

IMG_6246.JPG

IMG_6247.JPG

Oh yeah, there it is right there on your ribbons...hmm...you got Bomber Command also. Oh well, Carry on with your Bouncin' Betty... :pilot

I have one of these that calls my name occasionally, so far I've been able to avoid the sirens call but will take an interest in how you fare with this one ! :popcorn

Been slowly getting some work done on this beastie. It has been so hot here that work has been going slowly. But I've got the interior all ready to go. I used the Eduard PE set. Most of it wasn't used since it was ammo drums for the lewis guns. I bought some really nice Vector guns instead. Also I used some scrap decking from the Titanic kit for the radio and navigator tables as well as made a map. I scratchbuilt the radio and headset. Not nearly as nice as Chuk's stuff but decent for my first real attempt.

IMG_6353.JPG

IMG_6354.JPG

IMG_6355.JPG

IMG_6356.JPG

IMG_6357.JPG

IMG_6359.JPG

The drums need some touchup here and there

IMG_6360.JPG

IMG_6361.JPG

You will notice the paint was a bit grainy here. It was 100 degrees and the paint kept drying before it was hitting the plastic.

Ooohhh nice (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
The sword is a cool touch. Nice work on the flying compartment and all the little doo dads.
James

Back