• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Betty Bomber takes to the skies again Done!

nerdling

I started this build back in August before we moved. I actually forgot about it until just the other day when I opened up a box. Here is the original thread from when I first started https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/wesendorf-field/147516-betty-bomber?start=12

Here is the way she sits as of now. Will be slowly tinkering with it while waiting for paint to dry on the Mustang.

IMG_7583.JPG

Betty Bomber takes to the skies again.

Quick update. I just did these while waiting for paint to dry on the Mustang

IMG_7590.JPG

:drinks Wow! Look at you go! Keep it up! :v

Finally sat down and did a bit more work on her. Sprayed it with a primer coat of Tamiya As-12. It will stay that color on the bottom and work as a nice primer coat for the upper parts.

IMG_7619.JPG

IMG_7618.JPG

Cool, can't wait for a dull coat . Japanese aluminum always looks so white in the black pictures.

Cheers, Christian B)

The Betty finally has some paint on her now. I went with Tamiya XF-11 Japanese Navy green and Xf-64 Red Brown.
Now I get to do my favorite part and beat the paint up and weather this beauty. I know most Japanese planes didn't weather as bad as we think but it sure is fun to chip up the paint.

IMG_7627.JPG

IMG_7626.JPG

IMG_7628.JPG

Very nice paint work. I cant wait to see what you do to it now. I must say the Betty had really nice lines.
James

Thanks guys. The paint seemed to take forever to get done right James. It ended up taking a whole small Tamiya bottle of each color almost.

The Betty finally has some paint on her now. I went with Tamiya XF-11 Japanese Navy green and Xf-64 Red Brown.
Now I get to do my favorite part and beat the paint up and weather this beauty. I know most Japanese planes didn't weather as bad as we think but it sure is fun to chip up the paint.

IMG_7627.JPG

IMG_7626.JPG

IMG_7628.JPG

I know all the pictures of the Betty's do not look horrible but most show some weathering . Most of the pictures are not good enough to tell though.

This picture came from one of their depot facilities , so I know that you have room for a great deal of artistic liberties .

Betty.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Those are beat up birds for sure Christian . Interesting how much chipping is evident on the Betty's but that Gekko seems to be in really good shape. Wonder if that is right after the end of the war. (y)

Back