• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Better Late Than Never - 1/32 Revell Fw190F

Howdy!

Just joined the build/donated today. I'll be building the Revell boxing of the old mold Hasegawa 1/32 Fw190A(F). I've been collecting pieces and parts for the kit and now is just as good as any to start it.

Not late at all, got till the end of March. :coolio Welcome aboard, Please get a good start up photo of the unbuilt kit with some sort of time stamp in view, like the time display at the bottom of our website.

Always love to see a Butcher bird. :pilot

Here it is, with some added doodads and what-nots.

h12f9555.JPG

hc20d2cb.JPG

I made some progress on the ole' sows ear...

I scribed the panel lines, built and painted the highly accurate and exquisitely detailed beautiful rendition of the engine :stinker. And started working on the cockpit. The old Eduard PE set for this kit is kind of hit or miss. The the mulit-piece seat looks great, but try as I might I couldn't get it to bend at all the correct angles and eventually broke it. It's currently holding down the bottom of a trash bag and I've bought a resin replacement.

Pictures to follow...

Why do molders say they've re-scribed panel lines on a raised panel line kit? This question quaundry and whether or not Big Foot exists keeps me up at night.

Here's a few snaps of the progress I've made so far. I've left some of the old kit details alone, like the radio hatch and control surfaces. I want to give anyone who sees it a hint of what it was. I replaced the kit flaps with some ultra-high speed scratch built planks-o-plastic and PE, because the kit versions were total crap. The engine was painted with black automotive primer then dry brushed with some silver and gray highlights. I didn't spend much time on it since most of it won't be visible.

hc825ac0.JPG

h4382860.JPG

h14c9769.JPG

h30179b9.JPG

h2546cf7.JPG

h6ee7c16.JPG

h8495278.JPG

What's wrong with the kit flaps? What PE set is that, don't think I've seen one that replaces the cockpit floor and sidewalls.

The kit flaps are as thick as your thumb, covered in raised rivets and fictitious panel lines. All the PE is Eduard, the upgrade set has wheel wells, canopy details, cockpit, landing gear and other replacement parts (but not flaps). It's rare and desirable, and worth its weight in gold...at least that's what I've told myself to justify what I paid for it.

Back