• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bell X1

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
In my humble opinion the Bell X1 was one of those aircraft that was in the opening salvo of the Cold War. The sound barrier was officially broken on October 14 1947, though others claimed the ME 262 was capable in a shallow dive. What made the Bell X1 special was it could break the barrier in level flight.

So here we go.

going to be out of box and gear down.

x1001.jpg

:pilot

A KB 50 in 1:32?! No thanks! :mpup

Ready for the Orange, Going to paint it white first, then orange.

Looks like a cool kit. Does it come with a broomstick for a handle lol. Been wanting to get this kit for awhile.

Looks like a cool kit. Does it come with a broomstick for a handle lol. Been wanting to get this kit for awhile.
'

HA Actually it does.

The paint guide also talks about the condensation around the LOX tank that would have been present but...I don't think it would be there unless the aircraft was attached to the bomber. I wouldn't mind trying that effect on something but for the X-1 sitting on the tarmac, I don't think it would be fueled.

Thanks for the positive vibes dudes... :zen

Dang James, I missed your post. soo, maybe they did fuel it on the ground. for the record, you're not helping...

Here's my updated.

x1002.jpg

Added some IP wiring, nothing fancy just various dia of solder that was in the catch all drawer.

x1003.jpg

x1004.jpg

x1005.jpg

Got some warping going on with the rudder and one of the stabilizers. any suggestions how to straighten them out?

:evil: :D

Sorry MP.

Looks spiffy so far. If you havent glued the rudder then clamp in place and glue a bit at a time so as to forcxe it straigt. If already glued then steam it and align. Chuck showqs his method in one of his posts.
James

The cockpit is looking great. Styrene melts at 270 degrees so be careful heating, but I have used really hot water to make it a little more bendible so I could reform it.

Terry B)

Thanks Paul, just working the seams and geting read to paint.

I'll have some pictures this weekend. :mpup

x1006.jpg

Well all primed up. Trust me, not going to be any close up pictures of this. Dang canopy got the best of me.

x1007.jpg

That's some bright orange folks!

x1008.jpg

Just an overall base coat

x1009.jpg

I'll darken it up some to do some panel shading.

Hope you like it!

Back