• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bell X1

Mmmmmm, orange! Looks like you got a really smooth finish, did you like the Model Master acrylic? What did you thin it with?

Just for fun.

Michael Richards before Kramer.

I know its late- but maybe these can help with that canopy...

WEB11626-2010_640.jpg

images%7E0.jpg

Glamorous-Glennis_tif_jpg_jpg.jpg

2950055570105162229S600x600Q85.jpg

Thank you Martin, still waiting on delivery of the canopy frames..(can't find my decal paper but I know I have some) And I forgot to put nose weight in there so I have to fudge some stand for it.

Any suggestions for raised panel line accent?

hm, this bird did not get that dirty, right? So I most probably would just leave em as they are and some I would mask and darken a bit, like I did on the Heinkel.For darken them I would use tinted thinner, may be black or brown-black; then just place some tape along the line on each side and over spray; repeat that for all the lines you want to darken. It's a bit annoying I know :)

that's sort of what I was thinking Martin, but I believe I will do a masked drybrush to bring the panels out some. don't want to get any overspray by accident.

you right and its probably easier than spraying - I always forget that there are hairy sticks too :)

I found my decal paper yesterday but didn't have time to work with it. Will do tonight and play with the pastels on the panel lines.

Nasty!

The Horizontal and Vertical stabilizers warped back out of shape. I did the hot water treatment on them and thought I had them sorted out but looking at this picture tells otherwise. I noticed it the other day, don't know what to say.

x1010.jpg

Think I'm going to slap the decals on and call it done. I'm not going to claim a ribbon for this thing. I have a backup :pilot

Heat from reentry. Maybe if you put a Popsicle stick on either side, then elastic bands you could use a hair dryer and see if it will go straight. Then again it will probably destroy the paint. Dont know what else to suggest.
James

Back