• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Beethoven-Gerät

Dusan

Hello :Hiay

I decided to do this model for this campaign 1/48 Focke Wulf Ta-154/190 Mistel proposal. :java

Text from Mistel book: -Some sources maintain that six Mistels (Ta-154) combinations where actually completed for use against Allied bomber formations... Ta-154 would be flown into a group of bombers where it would be detonated by the pilot of separeted Fw-190 controling aircraft. These aircraft where apparently test flown at Eschwege but no further details are known-

I am sorry for yesterday photo i had a problem with my photobucket account. :sick:
0001.jpg

Parts, excellent detail ( I know about some fit issues but I will see).
0002.jpg

0003.jpg

beautiful crack (not possible to polish too deeeeep in structure :( ) warhead anyway ;)
0004.jpg

More to come soon.
Thanks for looking! :drinks

All the best!!!
Dusan.

Cool! There's a Beethoven joke somewhere. looking forward to this! (y) :drinks

beautiful crack (not possible to polish too deeeeep in structure :( ) warhead anyway ;)
0004.jpg

The Revell (ex-Monogram) Pro-Modeler Ta-154 #5959 is the same kit and Revell has an excellent part replacement track record. This also means that, should you want to go crazy and over the time limit, you can buy detail sets designed for the Monogram/Revell Pro-Modeler Moskito and it would fit this kit.

Regards,

Since everything ahead of the wing is warhead the canopy isn't needed and the PE set which is mostly cockpit stuff would be pretty well wasted. I just hope there is enough room inside the warhead for enough weight to keep it from being a tail sitter !

dml5553.jpg

Since everything ahead of the wing is warhead the canopy isn't needed and the PE set which is mostly cockpit stuff would be pretty well wasted.

Keep in mind that the trainer had BOTH canopies in place and would make this model unique since it is not covered in the instructions.

Regards,

Hello,

Thanks guys for ideas and support!!! :drinks

Saul, I have very good contact with Dragon/cyber-hobby (y) , they were very polite for replacement parts!
But I thought and I decided to do an armed Mistel for a change. I already have two versions of trainers but S2. :blink I simply Love Mistels!

I worked a lot during the weekend and this is a first photo update:

I was sad when I cut the fuselage... :lol:
0005.jpg

wings
0006.jpg

OMG! over 100 g of lead secured with white glue and t.tape.
(Old Dog you're right I will add even more but I dont know how much, there is a lot of space)
0007.jpg

Great fit!
0008.jpg

I added a little styrene plastic part to fit the warhead
0009.jpg

Thanks for looking!!! :drinks
All the best!
Dusan.

Thanks guys! :drinks
I joined the wing halves yesterday and some other small things I did on the Mistel today but most time I spent on cleaning the flash.

Photo update soon. ;)

All the best!
Dusan.

Wow, thats a lot of weight! Will there be any issues that the nose gear wont hold the weight?

I've got the Dragon 2/S2 Mistel kit, that I definitely want to build eventually, its such an unusual looking subject.

You're right Adam, the front landing gear is very weak but I think it will withstand :unsure: I'll have to test the landing gear before the final assembly engine nacelles to the wing :hmmm .

Dragon 2/S2 kit is a beautiful kit I cant wait to see your work on it!!! :ro:

New photo update:

0010.jpg

Rlm02 like a pre primer :silly:
0011.jpg

Primer, but I have to add two more panel lines.
0013.jpg

Wing is straight, I will make some pictures when I connect the wing to the fuselage permanently.
0014.jpg

Small parts.
0012.jpg

0016.jpg

0015.jpg

Thanks for looking!!! :drinks
All the best!
Dusan.

Dear Dusan.

...very nice start...super clean assembly and painting jobs...following with a big interest! (y)

Best! :drinks

Luiz.

Thank You guys! I really appreciate it! :drinks

New photo update:

PE-parts
0017.jpg

base RLM-66
0018.jpg

Now I am working on detail, Not finished yet.
0019.jpg

update soon I hope so :java

Thanks for looking!
All the best!
Dusan.

Thank You! :drinks Now I am working on small details in cockpit and instuments.

All the best!!
Dusan.

Back