• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Been busy , Dog Tag's 1/16 VC

53Chevy

Finally finished this up. Great detail! Iam going to add him with a Verlinden Navy Seal(built, no paint)
100_0220.jpg

100_0221.jpg

A very nice star but if I may, the eyes look a little crossed. I have the same problem when I try to paint them straight ahead. Also the whites appear to be a little to bold. A good way to avoid both items is to paint the eye socket area with a burnt umber color. Then add a flesh color to the right or left, depending on whih way you would want the guy to be looking. I hope you do not mind but here is an example of what I am talking about.

Gimili is the size of a US quarter but you can still see his eyes and the next ones are 54 mm and a 150 mm bust. You can see even in the smallest to the largest no whites were used. I hope this helps and you do not mind.

Joe

cropped.jpg

P2040007.jpg

PA100342.jpg

PA270034.jpg

Nice to see this type of commentary Joe. Everyone can learn something this way. I think Chevy's work is good, but the tones are very subtle and may look OK in person but under the camera looks rather monotoned.

Excellent tips and BTW, I think I know that Confederate, he looks really familiar, think he works Second Shift... :mpup

Hey Bob,

Thanks. I am sure it looks nice in person. I am just hoping what little I do know might be of some help.
One thing is it just might be the picture. I have seena nd DONE when taking pictures the biggest problem is that most..INCLUDING me do not adjust the white balance. This will always kind of wash out anything we do with our figures and etc.

BTW the Reb may work there??? lol

Joe

Back