• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Battle of Midway - B5N2 Kate D3A2 Val in 1/72

He was born at the end of the 20th gestational week (roughly 5 months) and developed intestinal complications. I had to perform surgery with the microscope. But he pulled through and now is a happy 2 yo boy! His story has been published in the medical literature.
Yesterday night I operated on a 710g girl, a giant in comparison (born at the 30th GW). She is doing wonderfully. It is amazing the progress that neonatology has had in the last decades. And we have an excellent team here at the university!

Wow just amazing ! Glad my work no longer include the possibility of life or death .

Keep up the good work Alex (y) (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

So the ladies are ready. Here are the final pics for your comments and critique.

I have used a great mixture of "dust" and acrylic thinner for the weathering, seems to have worked well IMHO.

hdeb16e2.JPG

So what have I learned this far:

1. Pre-shading is a waste of time if you are brush painting.
2. The Aluminium base coat from ModelMasters has worked very well.
3. Chipping is the way to do the weathering. This was the first attempt but I hope it will get better/easier with time.

Next challenges:

1. Dealing with the Seam lines (thanks Christian!).
2. Thinning out the paint so that the details do not get blurred.
3. Avoiding "over-weathering", mostly in the interior.
4. Working better on the clear parts (although in these kits they were horribly thick).
5. (...) your suggestions belong here.

The Kate is displayed on an Eduard PE plate of the Akagi, perhaps "visiting" from the Hiryu.

hb072d34.JPG

hd80b752.JPG

h6148921.JPG

h0f8b114.JPG

hce69cda.JPG

The Val is displayed in an old "beach" base I made a while ago. We can pretend they had to land in an atol after the Soryu was sunk...

h618ee8e.JPG

heb243f4.JPG

h7425ed2.JPG

h1c5006c.JPG

h7b3d35e.JPG

That's all folks. Hopefully you will not get tired of me too soon.

Cheers and thanks,

Alex

Thanks guys I really appreciate it! It means a lot to me coming from you. I really owe Dave SA a big thanks for introducing me to the forum. This is by far the best Modelism forum I have seen, and you guys are just awesome.
Makes me look forward to building more and more (and posting a lot).

Big thanks and regards from Germany

Alex

We will save the toast for when we meet in person. And I am bringing the best Mosella from Rheinland-Pfalz with me! :drinks :drinks

Cheers

Alex

Back