• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Back in Sydney

White_Wolf

Master at Arms
Greetings all, glad to be able to finally post something here.

As of the 17th of Dec last year, we are back in Sydney. Our own place. Story is long and stupid, but we managed to get in here in the nick of time, interstate border closed 48 hours after we moved back, due to the pandemic.
The family who rented our place left a mess, had to repaint the walls throughout, steam clean the carpet throughout and so much more.
Work has been crazy busy but at least I have a job and I am working from home, which is great.
Modeling is taking a longer break than anticipated. I need to study for an exam, pass that exam, apply for a program, do the training and pass another exam. This is the priority at the moment.
Bismarck is in the garage, haven't even lifted the lid to see if it got here ok, because of the gazillion boxes surrounding it. Day the truck got here, dark clouds and a bad forecast imposed that everything was unloaded and literally shoved in the garage as quickly as possible. I have only just started taking some models out of the boxes, tools and paints etc. Very slow moving.

I'll take some unflattering photos of the Bismarck in the garage soon and post them here. Hope there is no damage.

Stay safe all and let's hope things will get back to some normality soon, for everyone's sake.

Laurence

Glad to hear you are back home now. Hopefully it will all settle in smoothly for you and the classes and exams will go smooth and easy as well.

Inspection time .... box and lid - probably around 25 kg - 50 pounds or so.

Box.jpg

Inside.jpg

Bit blurry but it all looks in good order - at least for now, without having had a closer look.

One day I will start working on the water ... until then it's work - study - exam and more work. Life is good.

Laurence

Looks like it made the trip OK Laurence!

I think I am as anxious as you are to see it in the water!!!

Hang in there mate!

Bob
Thanks Bob. I am taking this as another lesson in patience - other priorities that I need to focus on. I should have seen this coming, but I kept wanting to live in Canberra, ignoring the realities around me.
I am still not sure what the water should look like - plowing through a massive wave with lots of water over the deck, sailing at high speed through not very rough waters .... decision to be made I suppose ....

I've been to Sydney. Beautiful city. Glad that the Bismarck made the voyage ok. Gary S. XLV MMXXIV
It is spectacular in places, especially around the Opera House and all. We live a bit to the West of those landmarks, the suburb is nice and we have everything close by. I still wish Canberra loved me back though, I found that place closer to what I want than Sydney.

Hi everyone,

Bit of an update - over the past few weeks, work has been absolutely mentally deranged - Monday to Sunday. No time to do anything else, not even unpacking stuff from a garage full of boxes.

I have been learning a lot while doing the stuff I love doing. That's the only positive about the whole experience. Everything else has been a bitter disappointment. But that's my problem to deal with.

Bismarck is shouting at me, but I have not had the time to do anything about it. The other kits in my stash (12 kits in total, mostly 1/35th) are laughing at me and I seem to have developed an uncanny ability to ignore them.

One day I will return to the bench, hopefully soon enough. Until then, my fellow modelers, keep doing the awesome things you're doing.

Thanks for reading,

Laurence

Back