• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

B-57B Cranberry

Well, another 11 hour finish :woohoo: I had to take the day off to deal with some other issues and it turned out to be a good thing as I probably wouldn't have made it otherwise.

I chose the all black scheme because I was tired of doing multicolor camo schemes but in the end I think I would have been happier with this one in SEA colors. The gloss black was a major pain. :bang head A constant battle with finger prints and trying to handle fiddly bits with gloves on wasn't a happening thing. It also was a dust magnet. It did provide a nice surface for the decals which worked great and were tough enough to stand the rigors of being coaxed into position. I think the USAF on the wings is the largest single decal I have ever used. I'm not totally happy with a few things but that seems to be the case with most of my builds. Anyway, here she be...Note: the glossy finish also made it a pain to photograph :angry:

b57-b24.jpg

b57-b25.jpg

b57-b26.jpg

b57-b27.jpg

b57-b28.jpg

b57-b29.jpg

Thanks for looking in !
Awesome work (y)

Thanks guys, the glossy finish turned out to be much more of a challenge than I anticipated and I'm not planning on doing another one and time soon. :gogo

Back