• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

B-25D Mitchell

ij001

Kit - Airfix 06015
Paint - All Tamiya acrylics
Decals Xtradecal 72-273
Extras - none

B-25D Mitchell
489th BS, 340th BG
El Kabrit, Egypt
Summer 1943

h9b0dc29.jpg

h6cd9199.jpg

h72be099.jpg

h4842f02.jpg

hec7491b.jpg

h7949c3d.jpg

h68891ba.jpg

hbf35334.jpg

h3577056.jpg

he5bc463.jpg

ha0e0203.jpg

So here's my take on the Airfix B-25. One of my all-time favourite aircraft. Let's start with the kit, I could do pages on the fit, the quality of the engineering, the 'buildability' etc, etc. So long story short, folks, it's bl**dy superb - what you see here is precisely what comes in the box, cannot recall enjoying a build as much as I enjoyed this one is many years.

I have tried two new techniques in the build - first time using the marbling technique for adding texture into the paint finish and first time using oil paints to dry-brush and fade the upper panels. First attempts aren't always successful, so I'll leave it to you folks to decide how I've done. If anyone is interested the build thread is here:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235055391-b-25-mitchell/

Not much else to say, the 'sand' colour was mixed by eye using 'Dark Yellow' and 'Flesh' and possibly some luck and / or witchcraft. The Olive Drab had a couple of drops of Tamiya 'Deep Green' added and the underside grey is Tamiya's recent 'Medium Sea Grey' which to my eye is closer to the USAAF Neutral Grey. Thanks for taking the time to look and / or comment. Please feel free to hurl abuse, ask a question or make a comment - all welcomed.

AFN, on to the next build (a grey jet). Best from a chilly Middle Earth.

Ian.

Superb!!...The combination of the marbling technique and oils is unbeatable!! :good:

:v

Thank you folks, glad you like it.

This morning, I've been working on a project that suddenly leaped off the 'Shelf of Forgetfulness' on to my bench. You'll see it soon.

Ian.

Back