• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Asuka/Tasca Luchs Complete!

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
I guess I'll play, start up pictures this weekend.
1614175562130.png

1614175613442.png

Last edited:
Cool! I had no idea. Thought it might have been with the overlapping road wheels. I'll have a read through your link, thanks!

Thanks. I came across this today.

Be sure to click the link.
:coolio1:

And away we go!

IMG_1350 (2).JPGIMG_1352 (2).JPGIMG_1353 (2).JPG

Assembly of the suspension was pretty straight forward, the kit comes with rubber band tracks and I just couldn't bring myself to use them. This set of Friuls has been problematic, I've had to drill out every link so far. Makes you wonder if their quality has slipped or if this is just an insulated isodent. :bm:Maybe the second set won't be as bad (yeah right).
1614462095476.png

Thanks for coming by! :Drinks:

Last edited:
Thanks Bob. Well, as suspected, the second run was only marginally better than the first. All the links had to be drilled to get the pin to be inserted. My wife bought me this handy little cordless tool around Christmas, it works great for drilling the track links! Just add a .4mm HSS bit.
IMG_1596 (2).JPG
It's tedious, but the results are worth the extra effort compared to the vinyl tracks. The Trackster helps get the links aligned while inserting the pin.
IMG_1597 (2).JPGIMG_1598 (2).JPG
Here's a comparison of the tracks.
IMG_1599 (2).JPGIMG_1600 (2).JPG
There is a track tensioner built into the kit if you should want to use the vinyl runs, but I just couldn't do it.

The instructions are mainly in Japanese.
IMG_1601 (2).JPG
On to the road wheels!
IMG_1602 (2).JPGIMG_1603 (2).JPGIMG_1605 (2).JPG
I added a couple steel discs inside the hull for my magnetic handle.
IMG_1604 (2).JPGIMG_1608 (2).JPG
There are a couple jerry can storage racks on the rear and the exhausts to add before we can prime the lower hull.
IMG_1606 (2).JPGIMG_1607 (2).JPG
Click the photo for a bigger image unless you aren't signed in. If you're not signed in, get with it!
The sun is out and the temperature is climbing, so it's off to the paint booth for me. Much more to come, thanks for coming by!
:Drinks:

Last edited:
Last Fruels I had I had to drill out the vast majority of them. Thought it came with the territory.
They are worth the effort, git'er done. :soldier

What a nifty little kit! The rear racks are impressive in injection molding! Are those levers inside the rear of the hull the track tensioners?:ro::vgood:
I haven't looked at my Tiger I Fruil's yet. Some of our club members have had a similar comment.

Yes, the levers are the track tensioners. The three center suspension arms move up and down too, so ought to be able to get some cool track effects.
I've built many sets of Friulmodel tracks that only required a quick chase through the hole with a bit to clear any excess, not to where I had to actually drill the links because there's NO hole. I suspect the molds are getting old (as am I) and probably need to be reworked.
1614548304726.png

Friulmodel has announced they will be only selling to private customers, starting in 2021. No telling how this will actually work. :bm:

I kinda thought we all were private customers. I think I'm reading that wrong, they only selling via their website?

Well if they make it difficult there's plenty of competition out there. And you won't have to drill out the holes.

What's that Trackster tool, I don't remember seeing it before. (disclaimer: there's a possibility that I did read about it and yet, not remember.)

Last edited:
Great start on the Luchs Mike. Defiantly the quality of Friulmodel have dropped which is just sad.

oga.gif

Thanks guys! As I am reading the Friulmodel homepage, it seems they will be selling direct to private customers, rather than wholesalers and hobby shops for resale. The Trackster 1.0 was purchased from Solidscale, Alex hooked me up during the pandemic by keeping me informed on the order status and I've used it hard since it arrived. Find his products here. https://www.solidscale.de/solid-scale-1/trackster-1-0/

This is a pretty nice little kit, I'm enjoying it so far. Thanks for coming by!
:Drinks:

Back