• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Arma Hobby 1/72 wildcat

Mo_

Really liking these armahobby kits. Some fit issues with the wings to body. Had to trim the alignment tabs a lot. The landing gear assembly was especially finicky. But not a knock on the kit itself. Will do more.
20220703_115500.jpg

20220703_115516.jpg

20220703_115539.jpg

Love it Mo, such warm tones. Man between you and John you're really going to motivate me to get my shop running ASAP!
I never realized the Wildcat had such antenna array.

• Thanks
Reactions: Mo_
I confess..I don't know if the antenna wires are correct. That's how the box art depicted it. I liked it and just ran with it. Maybe the pilot is a redneck. And I know from personal experience us redneck love running wires all over the place! 😆

Love the way you have kept the appearance to scale. I know that sounds a bit odd but sometimes 1/72 just looks like 1/72 with huge panel lines and even a brush stroke in the paint looking like a ripple in the alloy. not to mention wires that look like 3" rope when scaled up :)
the acid test for me is can you guess the scale from the photo's? answer no so that could be 1/72 or 1/32 :)

Award winning model IMHO.:notworthy

• Thanks
I confess..I don't know if the antenna wires are correct. That's how the box art depicted it. I liked it and just ran with it. Maybe the pilot is a redneck. And I know from personal experience us redneck love running wires all over the place! 😆
Well he'd be picking up that station in Savanah with that rig for sure.

I agree Paddy, I've often stated that if the scale escapes the viewer it's a win.

Paddy, thanks for the compliment. I agree, it's hard to pull of a 1/72 kit. Revell and airfix in that scale come to mind with huge panel lines. I'm sure there are other brands. Those are just the ones I have built in 1/72.

Rino, this kit had one piece upper and lower wing halves. No flaps, if that's what you are asking.

Really looking forward to eduards new 1/48 wildcat when it releases.

Once again thanks for the kind words and looking.

Back